Resources for Serious Health Conditions & Critical Illnesses
Help when you need it most.
Key provides you with resources to assist you during a serious health condition or critical illness through the Key Medical Plan, Live Well & Thrive Program, Leaves of Absence and Critical Illness Insurance.
Key Medical Plan participants are eligible to participate in the following benefits to assist them with managing serious health conditions or critical illnesses:
- NurseLine for health information and support
- Disease management for conditions such as diabetes, chronic lung disease and heart conditions
- Life solutions for behavioral health conditions
- Expert second opinion by 2nd.MD offers personalized video consultations with leading physicians from top medical institutions when you need a second opinion about your diagnosis and treatment plan, an upcoming surgery or procedure, or an ongoing medical condition.
- Wellness coaching (digital or telephonic) for nutrition, sleep, physical activity and resiliency
- Cancer support program
- Fertility Solutions
- Maternity support program
- Advocates to assist with complex claim issues
- Substance Use Treatment Helpline - Call 24/7 to get help today for you or a loved one
- Transplant resource services
All eligible employees may participate in the following benefits:
- Critical Illness Insurance can be purchased so that a diagnosis such as cancer, heart disease (stroke, heart attack, coronary heart disease), kidney failure or organ transplant is less of a financial hardship. Critical Illness Insurance is intended to alleviate some of your financial concerns by providing you with a lump-sum payment of $10,000, $20,000, $30,000 or $40,000, depending upon the coverage level. The coverage is fully paid by the employee. Employees who work 20 or more hours per week are eligible for Critical Illness Insurance and may be eligible for a Leave of Absence. All employees and their household members are eligible for the Employee Assistance Program.
- Counseling: Up to six free counseling services are available per year if you need assistance dealing with a personal health concern through the Live Well & Thrive | Employee Support & Wellness Program.
- A Leave of Absence is available to eligible employees to provide time off work to deal with a serious health condition or critical illness. An employee may also qualify for an intermittent leave if a serious health condition or critical illness impacts an employee’s ability to work but does not require a complete Leave of Absence.
- HealthChampion is a third-party, objective advocate available through Key’s leaves and disability benefits administration vendor that helps you navigate through aspects of the health care process to the right resources if you become disabled or are diagnosed with a critical illness.