The Value of Employee Benefits to Your Well-Being
While many companies offer their employees compensation beyond regular pay — everything from health insurance and dental benefits to pretax public transportation passes —top companies are focused on providing a total package of benefits to improve their employees' well-being.
Companies like Key recognize the full value of employee benefits and take seriously the responsibility to offer benefits that empower employees to take control of their physical and financial health.
The KeyBank Philosophy
At Key, our employee benefits philosophy is based on three core values:
- We promote the health of our teammates and their families.
- We encourage and support personal wellness and growth.
- We help our employees build and maintain financial wellness.
While many businesses offer core benefits such as medical insurance and retirement accounts, we go a step further by heavily investing in lifestyle benefits. Our benefits program meets our teammates where they are; our offerings are as diverse as we are.
Our Nontraditional Benefits Offerings
Here are some of the benefits we're especially proud to offer our team and which fall outside of standard company perks:
- Adoption Assistance: You don't have to navigate the emotional and costly road of adoption without support. This benefit gives adoptive parents support, tools, and up to $10,000 per year per qualified adoption.
- Caregiver Support Services: Whether you're looking after a parent or a child in need of additional care, Key's caregiver support equips you with the assistance you need. We offer tutorials on hundreds of topics, a question-and-answer forum (with experts), one-on-one phone sessions with caregiving experts, webinars, and podcasts from subject matter specialists, a tool for collaborating with family members, and a directory of local and national resources. We also provide child and elder care referrals, child tutoring, parenting guidance and coaching, elder care assessments, and an elder care kit.
- Fitness Reimbursement: Don't skip the gym because of the cost. We give employees up to $300 per year to cover gym membership, classes, and personal training.
- Hardship Relief: Unexpected life events can derail even the best-laid plans. We help you get back on track with financial assistance for basic needs, including food, housing, utilities, and transportation.
- Help Giving Back: The KeyBank Foundation matches you dollar for dollar when you donate to qualified charities — up to $2,000 per year per employee, with an additional $2,000 toward a qualifying nonprofit if you serve on its board. This, plus a handful of other programs, boost your capacity to give back.
- Personal, Parental, Short-Term Medical, Military, Health, and Family Leave: Unexpected situations may require you to take time away from work. We offer benefits and support before, during, and after a leave of absence.
- Scholarships for Your Children: Paying for college tuition can be challenging, which is why we offer up to 25 scholarships of $2,500 per year (up to 4 years) to qualifying children of Key employees.
- Wellness Programs Beyond Traditional: Yoga classes, onsite massage at select locations, education on topics like nutrition, meditation, mindfulness, finding purpose, and healthy relationships; wellness coaching for health and happiness; and a new innovative 12-month initiative centered on taking small steps to thrive in health, well-being, and financial wellness.
This list is just a glimpse at the thoughtful care our benefits experts put into our offerings. There's no telling what the future holds. However, if you work at a company that prioritizes your health and well-being, you won't have to face life's changes alone.
The Mutual Importance of Employee Benefits
Multiple studies have determined that happy employees are more productive, according to Forbes. Our benefits program is based largely on the belief that when our employees thrive, Key thrives. Putting people first is core to our company culture, and it pays dividends every single day.
Our employees know we're willing to put their best interests first — and that's the best return on investment we can hope for.