KeyBank Quantitative Risk Management Analyst Rotational Program
Turn to Key for a rewarding career opportunity
Key Risk Management provides the company’s lines of business advanced analytical, advisory, and reporting expertise on risk management strategies and initiatives to minimize losses while accomplishing business goals.
About the program
Quantitative Risk Management Analysts begin with several weeks of foundational training. Rotations begin upon completion of the training and continue for 12 months, each rotation being 6 months in length. Essential job functions include analytics and reporting, working with regulatory reporting, assessing and monitoring risk and risk control processes, understanding and validating models, participating in model and report development, performing research and analysis with integrity and accuracy, and monitoring and evaluating problems across a broad spectrum of risk.
Rotational areas include, but are not limited to:
- Risk Modeling & Analytics – Responsible for the creation and testing of financial models used by various lines of business to make business decisions.
- Model Risk – Responsible for the validation/auditing of financial models, ensuring KeyBank employs models that are suited for their intended purpose, properly implemented, and operating as intended.
- Market Risk – Responsible for monitoring and evaluating risk affecting KeyBank’s current or anticipated capital, income, cash flows or valuation of equity and portfolios resulting from adverse movements in market rates or prices.
- Credit Portfolio Management – Responsible for optimizing Key’s economic capital and enhancing return relative to the credit portfolio.
What does the program offer?
- 10-week foundational training in financial accounting, credit/risk analysis, financial modeling in Excel®, business writing, presenting, a banking simulation, and more
- Performance feedback identifying strengths and areas to develop
- Executive Speaker Series
- Community service opportunities
- Exposure to and engagement with senior leadership
- Networking across programs and across departments and teams
- Placement, upon successful completion of the program, based on business needs, demonstrated skill, your interests, and performance during the program
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Financial Engineering, Economics, Business Analytics or related field of study. Candidates with Master’s degrees are also considered.
- A minimum 3.3 GPA, 3.5 or above preferred
- Good analytical and decision-making skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office® applications, especially Excel®
- Demonstrated ability to work with SAS, R, Tableau or similar statistical modeling systems
- A high degree of adaptability and intellectual curiosity
- Interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong accounting and/or financial acumen preferred
- Relevant work or internship experience preferred