KeyBank Risk Management Analyst Rotational Program
Turn to Key for a rewarding career opportunity
Key Risk Management provides leadership on risk management strategies and initiatives for credit, market, compliance, and operational risk, as well as portfolio management, quantitative analytics, and asset recovery activities.
About the program
Risk Management Analysts begin with several weeks of foundational training. Rotations begin upon completion of the training and continue 12 months, each rotation being 6 months in length.
Essential job functions include analytics and reporting, working with regulatory reporting, assessing and monitoring risk and risk control processes, performing research and analysis with integrity and accuracy, and monitoring and evaluating problems across a broad spectrum of risk.
Rotational areas include:
- Enterprise Risk – Responsible for examining risk in a holistic manner, learning about all aspects of risk and interacting with all risk departments, aggregating risk, developing methodologies and identifying best practices for assessing and controlling risk.
- Operational Risk – Responsible for examining the risk of loss resulting from internal human error or malfeasance, failed internal processes or systems, or external events.
- Compliance – Responsible for examining the risk of legal or regulatory sanctions, financial loss or damage to reputation KeyBank may experience as a result of a failure to comply with applicable laws, regulations, rules, or other regulatory requirements that are imposed on the banking/financial industry.
- Credit Risk – Responsible for credit approval and risk oversight of Key’s credit portfolios, analyzing the risk of borrower failure to meet their contractual obligations to repay debts in accordance with agreed upon terms.
- Risk Information and Reporting – Identify and synthesize data from multiple sources, create reports for senior management and KeyBank lines of business on demand to aid in business decisions.
What does the program offer?
- 9-week foundational training in financial accounting, credit risk analysis, financial modeling in Excel®, business writing, presenting, a banking simulation, and more
- Performance feedback identifying strengths and areas to develop
- Executive Speaker Series
- Community service opportunities
- Networking across programs and across departments and teams
- Placement into an open-ended job at KeyBank, upon successful completion of the program, based on business needs, demonstrated skill, job performance, and interests/preferences
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, Pre-Law, or related field. Candidates with Master’s degrees and Law degrees are also considered
- A minimum 3.3 GPA
- Good analytical and decision-making skills
- A high degree of adaptability and intellectual curiosity
- Interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office® applications, especially Excel
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong accounting and/or financial acumen preferred
- Relevant work or internship experience preferred