KeyBank Enterprise Lean Six Sigma Summer Internship Program
Turn to Key for a rewarding career opportunity
The Enterprise Lean Six Sigma Summer Internship Program runs for 10 weeks during the summer. In that time our Interns gain real-world experience and get a comprehensive overview of what Lean Six Sigma involves in financial services and operational practices.
About the internship
This career-path program provides the opportunity to participate in end-to-end and core business process improvement initiatives to help teams deliver significant cost savings and revenue growth. Interns will also work under the direction of Enterprise Lean Six Sigma Black Belts and Master Black Belts to assist in scoping and defining opportunities with a strong results orientation and help identify creative solutions to ensure robust but not over-engineered measurement systems are in place. Additionally, Interns will provide data analyst support to LSS managers and initiative teams for Enterprise priorities.
What does the program offer?
- Orientation to Key’s infrastructure and the business
- Direct coaching and feedback
- Engagement with senior leaders
- Networking opportunities
What are we looking for?
- Enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate program in Business Engineering, Mathematics, Supply Chain and Operations, Logistics or related field from a leading program
- Aptitude and desire to pursue a role in Lean Six Sigma Process Engineering or Process Design
- Exceptional critical thinking, problem-solving ability, and detail-oriented
- Basic understanding of Lean Six Sigma: DMAIC methodology, DFSS Lean Kaizen/Work-out process management, and basic statistical techniques
- Previous experience in project leadership, change management, and cross- functional team management is preferred
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with specific ability to communicate concepts and ideas conciselyGood analytical and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated teamwork through extracurricular activities
- Ability to comfortably interact with clients in a professional and mature manner
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, proactive, and resourceful
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office® Suite (Excel®, PowerPoint®, and Word), and prior use of Minitab ideal