Ratings & Reviews Guidelines
Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for members to post their thoughts and opinions regarding USAA products, services, and/or news articles. By screening submissions, we have created a space where members can exchange intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of information on USAA.com.
Please also review the USAA.com Site Terms for more details regarding your use of this site.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of member comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers and generally cannot alter a comment once it is posted.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments — either by the same reader or different readers.
We do not edit comments. Comments are either approved or they're not.
Comments are typically posted faster during business hours. Moderation can be less frequent in the evening and on weekends.
We will not post any submission that:
- (a) is defamatory, abusive, harassing, threatening, or an invasion of a right of privacy of another person; (b) is bigoted, hateful, or racially or otherwise offensive; (c) is violent, vulgar, obscene, pornographic or otherwise sexually explicit; or (d) otherwise harms or can reasonably be expected to harm any person or entity;
- is a violation of Operational Security, "OPSEC," rules applicable to military personnel;
- is illegal or encourages or advocates illegal activity or the discussion of illegal activities with the intent to commit them, including a submission that is, or represents an attempt to engage in, child pornography, stalking, sexual assault, fraud, trafficking in obscene or stolen material, drug dealing and/or drug abuse, harassment, theft, or conspiracy to commit any criminal activity;
- infringes or violates any right of a third party including: (a) copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary or contractual rights; (b) right of privacy (specifically, you must not distribute another person's personal information of any kind without their express permission) or publicity; or (c) any confidentiality obligation;
- is commercial, business-related or advertises or offers to sell any products, services or otherwise (whether or not for profit), or solicits others (including solicitations for contributions or donations);
- contains a virus or other harmful component, or otherwise tampers with, impairs or damages USAA.com or any connected network, or otherwise interferes with any person or entity's use or enjoyment of USAA.com; or
- is antisocial, disruptive, or destructive, including "flaming," "spamming," "flooding," "trolling," and "griefing" as those terms are commonly understood and used on the Internet.
We cannot and do not assure that other users are or will be complying with the foregoing Moderation Guidelines. As between you and us, you hereby assume all risk of harm or injury resulting from any such lack of compliance.