- 800-KEY2YOU (539-2968)
Important Information from KeyBank about the Heartbleed bug
April 2014 - You might be aware of recent news headlines regarding the Heartbleed bug, which might compromise encryption used by some websites and allow for personal identification information to be stolen.
We want to assure you KeyBank’s online and mobile banking services are not affected by the current OpenSSL vulnerability, as KeyBank uses alternatives to OpenSSL to secure online transactions.
We understand these sorts of news reports can make you feel anxious about your personal security. There are steps you can take to enhance the security of your personal identification and give you peace of mind.
For example, you can:
- Change the passwords you use for your KeyBank accounts. Sign On to Online Banking and select "Self-Service" for help creating a strong password.
- Make sure you use unique user names and passwords for each of your online accounts.
- Protect your user name and password information. Don’t store this information next to your computer.
- Keep a close eye on your accounts. Enroll in Online Banking and check your accounts frequently.
- Protect your account information, as well as all other personal identification information, such as your Social Security number, birthdate, or any other personal information. Never provide this information to someone who contacts you by telephone or email requesting this information.
- Review Robust Security for Your Online Account and Top Tips to Reduce Identity Theft for more helpful information.