KeyBank Clients Receiving “Phishing” Facsimile Documents with Fraudulent Loan Authorizations
March 2015 - Please be aware of fraudulent loan offers sent via facsimile.
What to Know:
- We are aware someone is contacting business owners via facsimile (fax) with documents from “Key Finance” that purport to be loan authorizations.
- These are not legitimate documents. These documents are not sent by KeyBank, Key Equipment Finance or Key Business Bank. The toll-free telephone number in the documents is not telephone number used by KeyBank, Key Equipment Finance or KeyBank Business Banking.
What to Do:
- Do not call the toll-free telephone number provided in the facsimile or otherwise respond to the facsimile
- Report the faxed document to your relationship manager.
- If you called the toll-free telephone number provided and disclosed any account information or personal information over the phone, immediately contact your relationship manager for next steps.
This material is presented for informational purposes only and should not be construed as individual advice.
KeyBank does not provide legal advice.