Find a Location
KeyNavigator Security Article
KeyNavigator is a secure, Internet-based service that gives you convenient, 24-hour account access. Key is committed to protecting your information and takes information security very seriously.
KeyBank uses multiple levels of security to protect your business and personal information, including unique login IDs and passwords per user, authorization codes used for higher risk transactions, and secondary authorization requirements for payments.
You should also take steps to protect your business and yourself online. In order to mitigate the risk of online fraud, phishing and identity theft, note the following:
- Do not open any unsolicited, suspicious messages, or any emails from unknown senders. Delete them. If you do open one, do not open any attachments or click on any links within the message.
- Avoid filling out forms in email messages that ask for personal financial information.
- Ensure that your web browser, firewall and antivirus software are current.
- To ensure your session with KeyNavigator is terminated, please use the "Logoff" button, located on the upper right hand portion of KeyNavigator screens.
- Monitor your account and user’s activity regularly by utilizing the audit reports available through KeyNavigator.
- Train and educate your employees about how they can be vigilant in fraud prevention efforts.
Operating systems and browsers used on your computer are continually being updated. As a result, it is very important to maintain and review your systems and install any of the recommended updates as they become available for your preferred browser and operating system. By doing this it will help make sure you are protecting yourself against vulnerabilities for security risks and viruses, while also ensuring an optimal KeyNavigator user experience.