Infographic - Glass Ceilings Were Made to be Broken
Since 2005, Key4Women has been breaking through glass ceilings and making paths for more women to do more than ever before. We’re not alone. And from the numbers we see, nobody’s slowing down now.
There’s strength in numbers. Take, for example, the number 1,817.
Every day, 1,817 net new women-owned businesses open their doors. When we started our initiative in 2005, that number was 714. Numbers like these are encouraging. They inspire us to continue our fight for equality. They remind us of how far we’ve come, but also, how far there is to go.1
- 63% increase in the number of firms at least half-owned by women since 2007.
- As of 2019, 37% of all firms are owned by women.1
- 154% increase in the number of women-owned businesses opening daily since 2005.1
- 9.4 million people are employed by women-owned firms.1
- More than 3x the number of female CEOs in Fortune 500 companies than in 2007.
- As of 2019, 6.6% of Fortune 500 CEOs are women.2
- 4% decrease in the gender pay gap from $0.77 to $0.80 since 2005.
- The World Economic Forum reports that it will take more than 200 years to reach gender pay parity.3
- 62% of women owners are confident in the financial health of their business.4