File Transfer FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the deadline for sending files to Key for processing?
The following cut-off times are in place for sending files to Key for processing:
- ACH – 8:00 p.m. ET
- EDI – 2:30 p.m. ET
- ARP – 11:00 p.m. ET (including Check Outsourcing files)
- Wires – 5:30 p.m. ET
- When can I retrieve files that Key is sending to my company?
The following retrieval times are in place for receiving files from Key:
- ACH Returns – 8:00 a.m. ET
- EDI – 8:00 a.m. ET
- ARP – 8:00 a.m. ET
- Lockbox – 8:00 a.m. ET (multiple files throughout the day)
- BAI2 IntraDay – 8:00 a.m. ET
- BAI2 Previous Day – 8:00 a.m. ET (ME-NH-VT-NY-OH-IN-MI)
10:30 a.m. ET (CO-UT-ID-OR-WA)
11:30 a.m. ET (AK)
- Return Items – 8:00 a.m. ET
- Can I send a file to Key and prevent other users at my company from downloading it / viewing its contents (i.e. payroll information)?
Yes. You can mark a file to be sent to Key as “Confidential”. This will prevent other users at your company from downloading and viewing the contents of the file. Files that have been marked as “Confidential” will have a red asterisk (*) before their file name in the Send Files grid. Additionally, users who try to download “Confidential” files will receive an error message from the system.
- What is the maximum file size I can send to Key?
The File Transfer module has a 50 MB file size limit.
- Can I add a note or memo for files that I am sending to Key?
Yes. Users can enter a note or memo (14 characters maximum) for files they submit to Key.
- How long are files retained in the File Transfer module?
Files that are sent and/or retrieved via the File Transfer module are retained for 45 days. After 45 days the sent and/or retrieved “record” is viewable for 180 days from the original sent and/or retrieved file date.
- Can I see which users are sending files or downloading / viewing files?
Yes. The Username and time of activity is included on the Send Files and Retrieve Files screen. You can also right click on a file record in the Send Files or Retrieve Files screen and view the History of the file in question (New, Submitted, Downloaded, etc.).
- How do I send Key test files or receive test files for new services I am adding?
The File Transfer module has a dedicated area for you to use when establishing new services that require the exchanging of files with Key (sending and/or receiving).
- The “Send Test Files” screen is used when you establish new ACH, ARP, Check Outsourcing, EDI, or Wire services that require you to send files to Key for processing.
- The “Retrieve Test Files” screen is used when your new ACH, EDI, ARP, Lockbox, BAI, or Returned Item services require Key to send you a file for processing in your system.