Employee Stock Option Plans
A collaborative approach to financing and succession planning.
Employee Stock Option Plans offer business owners a succession solution and employees an opportunity to participate in the company’s profitability and success. Key ESOPs combine expertise from across the bank, including financing, commercial banking, wealth management, and employer solutions to make the ESOP transition seamless and beneficial for all parties.
How KeyBank ESOPs Work
KeyBank supports share sellers and buyers, beginning with structuring a loan for the business to finance the initial share sale. Key then provides ongoing support for share transactions, tax strategies and wealth planning. As always, Key takes a holistic approach to your business, helping you manage your company’s financial needs throughout the ESOP process and after the sale, advising on tax-advantaged and sustainable strategies for your company’s future.
KeyBank ESOP capabilities include:
- Commercial term loans to finance the initial sale of shares, second-stage transactions, refinancing of seller debt, and repurchase liability
- Syndicated credits
- Conventional financing
- Small Business Administration 7A ESOP Product for Business Banking (up to $5,000,000)
- Lines of credit to support working capital needs
- Term debt for equipment, growth capital and acquisitions
- Personal loans secured by liquid collateral to enable the IRS section 1042 tax election to defer and eliminate capital gains tax
- IRA rollover for retiring or departing employees