Healthcare Investment Banking
Changing legislation, coupled with increasing demand for more precise diagnostic capabilities, improved treatment systems and advanced information technology are creating opportunities in the healthcare sector. To help healthcare services firms achieve their goals, our KeyBanc Capital Markets® Healthcare team works with healthcare facilities-based providers, healthcare information technology (IT), hospital outsourcing, clinical R&D services and payor and provider services firms across the U.S.
We listen first. Then, with a full understanding of your goals and objectives, our senior bankers use their expertise and relationships to create and execute customized financial solutions through a broad service platform including M&A advisory, debt capital markets, leveraged finance, and public finance.
Our focus on healthcare services companies allows our team to understand the challenges, opportunities and current legislation and trends that impact healthcare organizations.
Growing demand from healthcare investors has helped KeyBanc Capital Markets raise more than $1 billion in capital for our Healthcare clients. Some of our recent deals can be found here (PDF), and include:
- KeyBanc Capital Markets raised $1,960 million of debt capital, consisting of $1,600 million in senior secured credit facilities and $360 million of senior unsecured notes, to fund Greatbatch, Inc.’s acquisition of Lake Region Medical, Inc.
- KeyBanc Capital Markets successfully advised on the sale of Signature Smiles to an affiliate of Blackford Dental Management, LLC.
- KeyBanc Capital Markets raised senior secured credit facilities to fund Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe’s acquisition of Emerus Holdings, Inc.
- KeyBanc Capital Markets raised $1,095 million of debt capital, consisting of $735 million in senior secured credit facilities and $360 million of senior unsecured notes, for 21st Century Oncology Holdings, Inc., a portfolio company of Vestar Capital Partners.
Every month, we publish a newsletter updating the marketplace on market trends in the healthcare services sector related to investment banking.
We serve many specific verticals within the broader business of healthcare, including:
- Facilities-based providers (both acute and non-acute care)
- Healthcare information technology
- Hospital outsourcing
- Payor and provider services
- Pharma services - Clinical research and distribution
- Medical technology products and services
KeyBanc Capital Markets provides a complete range of capital markets solutions including:
- M&A advisory
- Loan Syndication
- High Grade / High Yield public and private debt
- Equity Capital Markets
- Non-control equity
- Interest Rate Hedging
- Foreign Currency Hedging
- Public finance / Tax-exempt bonds
KeyBank also provides a full suite of complementary financial services including:
- Corporate Lending
- Leasing and Lease Syndication
- Real estate capital
- Treasury management
- Medical equipment vendor financing
- Institutional Asset Services and Employee Collective Benefits
KeyBanc Capital Markets is a trade name under which corporate and investment banking products and services of KeyCorp® and its subsidiaries, KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc., Member NYSE/FINRA/SIPC, and KeyBank National Association ("KeyBank N.A."), are marketed. Securities products and services are offered by KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. and its licensed securities representatives, who may also be employees of KeyBank N.A. Banking products and services are offered by KeyBank N.A.
KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. is not acting as a municipal advisor or fiduciary and any opinions, views or information herein is not intended to be, and should not be construed as, advice within the meaning of Section 15B of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934.
Securities products and services: Not FDIC Insured • No Bank Guarantee • May Lose Value
Please read our complete KeyBanc Capital Markets disclosure statement