The KeyBanc Capital Markets® team of senior public finance investment banking professionals works regularly to deliver the public market funding so necessary to operate in today’s environment. Our specialized public finance bankers have extensive experience with state and local governments, school districts, institutions of higher education, healthcare and other not-for-profit organizations and other issuers of tax-exempt securities. We understand the unique challenges you face, and listen carefully to your needs to recommend solutions that will help you achieve your goals.
With bond issuances ranging from $1 million to $1 billion, we have worked with issuers of all sizes. Our clients range from the State of Illinois, the City of Cleveland and Detroit Energy to smaller entities such as Battle Ground, Washington, Dayton Public Schools, City of Westerville, Ohio and Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center.
Our Public Finance team also provides specialized advisory and analytical services. We design customized financial solutions to help our clients manage their debt effectively on behalf of their stakeholders and communities.
Some recent bond market funding examples for municipalities, universities and not-for-profits include:
- KeyBanc Capital Markets served as Book - running Senior Manager on behalf of the State of Illinois related to its issuance of $425 million of sales tax revenue bonds.
- Dominion Resources, one of the nation’s largest energy producers and transporters, turned to the public finance team at KeyBanc Capital Markets as Sole Manager in their issuance of $159 million of tax exempt recovery zone facility bonds.
- Serving as Sole Manager for the issuance of $14 million of variable rate demand revenue bonds, the team secured bond funding on behalf of a not-for-profit medical center in Western New York.
Our specialized public finance teams work with tax-exempt organizations in the following sectors:
- State and local government
- Energy and investor-owned utilities
- Water & Sewer
- Higher education/universities
- 501(c)3 Cultural and not-for-profits
- Public and private schools
- Housing and real estate
- Economic development
- Native American nations
- Industrial development - manufacturing and processing
- Pollution control, resource recovery and waste management
Services include analysis of debt profiling, refinancing and refunding, secondary market potential, financial ratios, debt and capacity coverage, credit benchmarking, agency ratings and direct purchase or private placement potential.
KeyBanc Capital Markets has been originating, structuring, distributing and trading tax-exempt bonds for more than 50 years. We help our clients with the following types of bond issuances:
- Bonds and notes
- Tax-exempt and taxable bonds
- Fixed and variable rate bonds
KeyBanc Capital Markets is a trade name under which corporate and investment banking products and services of KeyCorp® and its subsidiaries, KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc., Member NYSE/FINRA/SIPC, and KeyBank National Association ("KeyBank N.A."), are marketed. Securities products and services are offered by KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. and its licensed securities representatives, who may also be employees of KeyBank N.A. Banking products and services are offered by KeyBank N.A.
KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. is not acting as a municipal advisor or fiduciary and any opinions, views or information herein is not intended to be, and should not be construed as, advice within the meaning of Section 15B of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934.
Securities products and services: Not FDIC Insured • No Bank Guarantee • May Lose ValuePlease read our complete KeyBanc Capital Markets disclosure statement.