Next Day Positive Pay
Next Day Positive Pay services compare your issue file of checks to the items that posted to your account last night. Any discrepancies are reported, along with additional details, the reason the item was flagged for review, and a link to view an image of the item (e-check images are not available). Items are ready for review at 10:30 a.m. local time (LT), and all payment decisions must be made by 2:00 p.m. LT. (Local time is defined by where the account is housed within Key.)
If you have a CDA and your default is Pay-All, you will automatically receive Next Day Positive Pay services and be able to view items that were carried over from the Same Day Positive Pay Report. This allows items that were missed on the Same Day Positive Pay Report, or that required research after the same day deadline, to be returned. Return decisions can be reversed if changes are made prior to 2:00 p.m. LT the same business day.
NOTE: Next Day Positive Pay items are items that have already posted to your account. These items can be returned. However, they cannot be stopped as they have already posted.
3.2 Making pay/return Decisions for Next Day Positive Pay
- Select the Payables section and click on Fraud Services.
- To make pay/return decisions for Next Day Positive Pay posted items select the Next Day Positive Pay link from the Fraud Services main page.
- Use the dropdown menu to select an account.
- Click go once the appropriate account has been selected.
- A list of exception items will be displayed. In this example, the account has a Pay-All default so items are presented for possible return.
- From this screen, you can make individual return decisions by using the checkboxes to select which items to return and then clicking next. You can also view an image or additional details for the suspect items by clicking on the camera icon for the item that you wish to view.
NOTE: E-checks have been converted from paper items to ACH transactions; therefore, there are no associated images. Clicking on the e-check camera icon will provide additional details, including the type of ACH transaction. If you do not wish to have paper checks converted to ACH transactions, please ask your Payments Advisor about Key’s EPA service.
If an image for a check (not an e-check) is not available, please contact Commercial Banking Services at 800-539-9039 and notify the representative.
- Review the information provided on the Review Information screen. Those items requiring a second approver will be identified. You can make changes to your decision by selecting Edit or select Submit to process items according to the return decisions selected.
- Once Submit is selected, you will receive the Next Day Positive Pay Confirmation page. From the confirmation page, you can go back to the Fraud Services main page by selecting Main Page or return to the Positive Pay screen by selecting Done.
- You have until the deadline to change the disposition of an item. After the deadline items are paid or returned based on your decisions or by your default.