With Payment Protection, also known as Client Match Positive Pay, you match the information from the checks presented against your Accounts Payable system. Decisions to return items are made on the Key Total Treasury report screen. No check issue information is provided to Key prior to encashment.
6.1 Viewing and making decisions using Payment Protection
- To view and make decisions through Payment Protection you select the account and the criteria of the items you would like to review. You can view all paid checks/e-checks or narrow search by using the check number or check amount filters.
- Select ‘view’ to display the report of all paid items.
- From this screen, you can make individual return decisions by using the checkboxes to select which items to return and then clicking ‘next.’ You can also view an image or additional details for the suspect items by clicking on the camera icon for the item that you wish to view.
NOTE: E-checks have been converted from paper items to ACH transactions; therefore, there are no associated images. Clicking on the e-check camera icon will provide additional details, including the type of ACH transaction. If you do not wish to have paper checks converted to ACH transactions, please ask your Treasury Services Payments Advisor about Key’s EPA service.
If an image for a check (not an e-check) is not available, please contact Key’s CBBC at 800-539-9039 and notify the representative. Item detail
- Select ‘next’ after marking the items to be returned.
- The Review Information Screen is displayed. Items will not returned until you select ‘submit’.
- Select ‘submit’. Once submit is selected on the Review Information Screen, you will receive a Confirmation Screen.
- From the Confirmation Screen you can go back to the Account Management main page by selecting ‘main page’ or return to the Payment Protection report screen by selecting ‘done.’