Community is Key®: Washington Banking*
- KeyBank has earned an Outstanding rating overall on each of its last 6 CRA exams. For the State of Washington, KeyBank earned an Outstanding rating in its most recent CRA exam. The exam was comprised of the following components and respective ratings:
- Lending Test = Outstanding
- Investment Test = Outstanding
- Service Test = Outstanding
- You may view KeyBank's most recent CRA exam.
- KeyBank has 155 branches and 265 ATMs in Washington.
- The Seattle-Bellevue metropolitan statistical area has approximately 59% of Key's deposits in Washington. The remainder of the deposits is located in Bellingham, Bremerton, Kennewick, Longview, Mt. Vernon, Olympia, Tacoma, Wenatchee, Yakima and other non-urban areas.
- Washington accounts for approximately 13.1% of KeyCorp's total deposits, or $7,494,658,000 as of June 30, 2006.
- The total number of KeyCorp employees in Washington was 2,008. Of that, 16 are Community Development employees.
Investments and Loans
- Key has made over $82,941,000 in community development investments in Washington.
- These investments have created 9,821 units affordable housing in Washington.
- Key made over $101,000,000 in community development loans, which benefited low and moderate income residents, in Washington in 2005 and 2006.
- One example of such a loan is Cadillac Hotel.
- In 2005 and 2006, Key made over 4,600 mortgages totaling more than $514,182,000 including home purchase, home improvement, and refinances in Washington.
- Key made 177 SBA loans totaling $48,278,063 during 2005 and 2006 in Washington.
- Key has made over 4,100 small business loans in the state, totaling more than $878,338,000 in 2005 and 2006.
- In 2005 and 2006, Key has made 438 contributions to non-profits in Washington totaling approximately $2,543,000.
- Because Key is committed to serving all segments, it continues to explore products and services that meet community needs. KeyBank Plus allows customers to cash their approved payroll or government check for a special low rate. An account with KeyBank is not required and clients on ChexSystems are welcome. Becoming a KeyBank Plus member gives customers special privileges such as free money orders when they cash a check.
- Economic growth and inclusion is a business imperative for KeyBank. Our corporate-wide Supplier Diversity initiative is designed to develop strategic supplier and client business relationships with minority and women-owned businesses (M/WBEs), thus reflecting our commitment to the communities we serve our clients and shareholders.
- With a dedicated Supplier Diversity team, housed in Community Development Banking, KeyBank set a five-year plan to reach 10% M/WBE procurement spend by 2006. In November, 2006 Key surpassed that mark, reaching 11.8% or $84 million of meaningful procurement opportunities for over 400 M/WBEs from across the country.
- Our goal is to continue to expand and deepen our diverse supplier base. We encourage you to learn more about becoming a member of Key's nationwide business network.
* All numbers are as of December 31, 2006 unless otherwise noted. All dollars are rounded to the nearest thousand.