Compare Checking Accounts
It might be time for a smarter checking accountCompare Accounts
Find a checking account that checks all your boxes. An easy way to set up automatic savings: Check. Overdraft protection from a linked savings account with no transfer fee:1 Check. Access to 1,000+ branches and more than 40,000 ATMs nationwide: Check. Compare our checking accounts and open yours online in minutes.
More KeyBank Checking Accounts
Key Smart Checking® Account 1 of 5
Simple checking account with no monthly maintenance fee
- No monthly maintenance fee, no minimum balance
- Paper checks and every digital feature
Key Advantage Checking® Account 2 of 5
Earn interest and avoid fees
- Interest bearing
- Discounts on checks
Key Privilege Checking® Account 3 of 5
Preferred pricing and great benefits
- Relationship rates and discounts
- Automatic daily sweeps to savings
Key Privilege Select Checking® Account 4 of 5
Financial management and our best standard rate
- Premium management and investing services
- Relationship rates and discounts
Why Bank With Key
Save a little, every time you make a debit card purchase with EasyUp automatic savings
- KeyBank Debit Mastercard®
Enjoy chip security, Tap & Go technology and all benefits of Mastercard
- Secure online & mobile banking
Deposit checks in the mobile app, pay bills, send money to friends and family and more2
- Convenient locations
Visit us at any one of our 1,000 branches and 40,000 KeyBank ATMs and Allpoint ATMs nationwide when you use your KeyBank Debit Mastercard
- Overdraft Protection
Link your eligible checking and savings accounts to automatically cover overdrafts without a transfer fee when you have available funds in your savings account1
- Mobile check deposit
Use the mobile app and the camera on your smartphone or tablet to deposit checks directly into your account2
- Account alerts
Set custom alerts so you can receive text or email updates about the account information that's important to you4
This service is not available with KeyBank Hassle-Free Account®.
Subject to terms and conditions in Service Agreement.
To avoid Maintenance Service Charges...
- To avoid the $18 monthly maintenance fee for Key Advantage Checking® Account, meet any of the following requirements:
- Any combination of balances from your KeyBank checking, savings deposit, certificates of deposit, retirement deposits, investment* (including annuity balances reflected on your KIS account statement) and credit accounts was $10,000.00 or more.
- You have a KeyBank originated mortgage and you have automatic payment deducted via ACH deducting $500.00 or more from your Key Advantage Checking account during a statement cycle. If your mortgage automatic payment deduction plan should be discontinued, you may be subject to the combined balance requirements to avoid the monthly maintenance fee.
- You are a Key@Work® program member and you have direct deposits totaling $1000.00 or more credited to your Key Advantage Checking account during a statement cycle. If you leave your current employer and direct deposits are discontinued, you may be subject to the combined balance requirement to avoid the monthly maintenance fee until direct deposits are reinstated by your new employer.
- As a Key Privilege client, you can avoid the $25 monthly maintenance fee if:
- You maintain a combined balance of $25,000 or more in any combination of deposit, investment* and credit accounts.
- You have a mortgage originated through KeyBank and you have an automatic payment deduction plan via ACH deducting $500 or more from your Key Privilege Checking Account during a statement cycle. If your mortgage automatic payment deduction plan should be discontinued, you may be subject to the combined balance requirements to avoid the maintenance fees.
- You are a Key@Work program member and you have direct deposits totaling at least $2,500.00 or more credited to this Account during a statement period. If you leave your current employer and direct deposits stop, you may be subject to the combined balance requirement to avoid the monthly maintenance fee until direct deposits are reinstated.
- To avoid the $50 monthly maintenance fee for Key Privilege Select Checking® Account, you must maintain a minimum of $100,000 in combined relationship balances (sweep investment, deposits and investment* [including annuity balances reflected on your KIS account statement]) each statement cycle OR be a Key@Work program member and have a total of at least $5,000 in direct deposits each statement cycle credited to this Account.
Investment products are offered through Key Investment Services LLC (KIS), member FINRA/SIPC and SEC-registered investment advisor. Insurance products are offered through KeyCorp Insurance Agency USA, Inc. (KIA). KIS and KIA are affiliated with KeyBank National Association (KeyBank).
Investment and insurance products made available through KIS and KIA are:
KIS, KIA and KeyBank are separate entities, and when you buy or sell securities and insurance products you are doing business with KIS and/or KIA, and not KeyBank.
Message and Data rates may apply.
Mastercard and the Mastercard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of Mastercard International Incorporated.
do all your banking securely online. it’s easy to start.do all your banking securely online. it’s easy to start.
see all the fees, so you can avoid them.July 2020 see all the fees, so you can avoid them.
a 30-minute chat with a banker can help you reach your goals.Key Financial Wellness Review