A feature of KeyBank's mobile apps, Mobile Deposit lets you use your mobile device to deposit checks1 by phone and mobile application wherever you are, 24/7. There's no need to go to a branch or ATM, saving you time, and making depositing paper checks a quick and convenient experience. Plus, with deposit history, you can view details and check images made in the last 90 days, up to the last 100 deposits.
In order to use this feature, you must:
- have an eligible KeyBank personal checking or savings account
- be enrolled in Online Banking, and
- have downloaded our mobile app.
Easy to use
When you launch Mobile Deposit from your mobile app, depositing checks is simple. Follow the deposit guidelines (see tab below) and browse our Mobile Banking FAQs for additional information on how to deposit checks with Mobile Deposit.
Mobile Deposit Fees
There is no fee to use mobile deposit See accounts eligible for mobile deposit
Mobile Deposit Limits
Clients with relationship accounts can deposit up to $10,000 over any rolling 30-day period. This is the cumulative limit applied across all eligible accounts.
Other eligible accounts are limited to $5,000 in mobile deposits over any rolling 30-day period.
Mobile Deposit Guidelines
To help ensure that your mobile deposit is accepted, follow these guidelines:
- Endorse the check with your (the account holder's) signature and mark it "For KeyBank Mobile Deposit Only"
- When photographing the back of the check, the endorsement must be on the right side of the picture
- Be sure to include all four corners of each check; images that are "blurry" cannot be accepted
- Make sure the dollar amount entered when making the deposit matches the amount on the check
- Keep your checks for 14 days. After 14 days, validate that the correct amount has been deposited into your account and then destroy your check
Deposited funds will be available the next business day provided a hold is not placed on the deposited funds.