Offer redeemable online only.
You must open a Key Express Checking® Account (this is the basic banking account in NY), Key Advantage® checking account, Key Privilege® checking account, or Key Privilege Select Checking® account by the expiration date at 11:59 p.m. (EDT) and make ONE single KeyBank direct deposit of $500 or more within 90 days after account opening to get $200. Normal account service charges and balance requirements apply to these accounts. Direct deposit transactions are limited to: payroll, Social Security, pension and government benefits. Accounts titled as Trust Accounts, Estate, and No Access are excluded from eligibility. Employees of KeyBank, its affiliates and subsidiaries are not eligible for this offer. Offer/Reservation number is non-transferable, cannot be sold and is required to qualify. Limit one gift per qualifying account. Limit one gift per individual. The value of your gift will be reported on Form 1099-INT and deposited into your account within 60 days of meeting requirements. If you close your account within 180 days of account opening, you will be charged a $25 account early closure fee. Other miscellaneous charges may apply. Offer not available to individuals who have had a KeyBank checking account or a KeyBank Hassle-Free Account® in the last 12 months. Accounts overdrawn or closed at the time of gift payment are not eligible. Offer is subject to cancellation without notice and cannot be combined with any other offer. KeyBank is not responsible for and will not honor promotional offers that appear on third-party websites that are not authorized by KeyBank.
To avoid Maintenance Service Charges...
- As a Key Privilege client, you can avoid the $25 monthly Maintenance Service Charge if:
- You maintain a combined balance of $25,000 or more in any combination of deposit, investment, and credit accounts.
- You have a mortgage originated through KeyBank and you have an automatic payment deduction plan via ACH deducting $500 or more from your Key Privilege Checking® account during a statement cycle. If your mortgage automatic payment deduction plan should be discontinued, you may be subject to the combined balance requirements to avoid the monthly Maintenance Service Charge.
- You are a Key@Work program member and you have direct deposits totaling at least $2,500.00 or more credited to this account during a statement period. If you leave your current employer and direct deposits stop, you may be subject to the combined balance requirement to avoid the monthly Maintenance Service Charge until direct deposits are reinstated.
- To avoid the $7 monthly Maintenance Service Charge for Key Express Checking® account, each statement cycle, you will be required to have at least eight (8) customer-initiated posted transactions (ANY deposits, withdrawals, including transfers) on your Key Express Checking account or have deposits (including transfers into this account) totaling $500.00 or more credited to your Key Express Checking account. If you do not meet one of these requirements a $7.00 monthly Maintenance Service Charge will be assessed.
- To avoid the $50 monthly Maintenance Service Charge for Key Privilege Select Checking® account, you must maintain a minimum of $100,000 in combined relationship balances (sweep investment, deposits and investment (including annuity balances reflected on your KIS account statement)) each statement cycle OR be a Key@Work program member and have a total of at least $5,000 in direct deposits each statement cycle credited to this account.
- To avoid the $18 monthly Maintenance Service Charge for Key Advantage Checking® account, meet any of the following requirements:
- Any combination of balances from your KeyBank checking, savings deposit, certificates of deposit, retirement deposits, investment* (including annuity balances reflected on your KIS account statement) and credit accounts was $10,000.00 or more.
- You have a KeyBank-originated mortgage and you have automatic payment deducted via ACH deducting $500.00 or more from your Key Advantage Checking account during a statement cycle. If your mortgage automatic payment deduction plan should be discontinued, you may be subject to the combined balance requirements to avoid the monthly Maintenance Service Charge.
- You are a Key@Work program member and you have direct deposits totaling $1,000.00 or more credited to your Key Advantage Checking account during a statement cycle. If you leave your current employer and direct deposits are discontinued, you may be subject to the combined balance requirement to avoid the monthly Maintenance Service Charge until direct deposits are reinstated by your new employer.
Receive a refund of the first two (2) surcharges from other banks’ ATMs, up to $6 per month, when the withdrawals are made with any KeyBank Debit Mastercard®. The refunds do not apply when the withdrawals are made with a KeyBank ATM Card. The surcharge refund will be credited monthly to your account and will be reflected on your account statement. Transactions eligible for reimbursement will begin with those made no later than 60 days after qualifications have been met. If you close your account, you will not be refunded for other banks’ surcharges assessed for cash withdrawal(s) you made at other banks’ ATMs during the period between your last account statement cycle date and your account closing date.