A thief can steal your personal information — and money — without even touching your card. That’s why it's important to be proactive. Follow these tips to help protect your cards from fraud and identity theft.
Protecting Your Card Number
- Securely dispose of your credit card receipts.
- Destroy old or unused cards.
- Do not send your card number through email.
Selecting a PIN
- Don’t use a name, birth date or phone number.
- Ensure no one sees your PIN when you enter it.
- Memorize your PIN — don’t write it down.
- Verify that the website is secured with encryption.
- Always log off from any website after a purchase transaction.