As we do more and more on the Internet, it’s important to safeguard our online identities. From banking to social networking, you can help keep your credit safe by keeping these tips in mind.
Guarding Your Passwords
- Do not use your Social Security number as a username or password.
- Protect your online passwords and answers to security questions.
- Don’t write passwords down or share them with anyone.
- Use secure websites for transactions and shopping.
- Shop with merchants you trust.
- Make sure Internet purchases are secured with encryption to protect your account.
Using Social Media
- Avoid sharing personal details that are common answers to security questions, such as your mother's maiden name.
- Carefully review privacy options to make sure nobody sees information you want to remain private.