When it comes to keeping your personal and financial information safe, it’s important to be proactive — especially when you’re on the go. Here are a few ways to help protect your mobile device from fraudsters.
Securing Your Device
- Set the device to automatically lock when it isn't in use.
- Use the “find my phone” or "wipe out memory" functions if your device is lost.
- Keep your operating system up-to-date and don’t alter your device.
- Only download banking apps or personal password managers from reputable sources.
- Download the KeyBank app directly from your phone's app store.
- When you finish banking on your mobile device, always log off.
Protecting Your Information
- Be cautious with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth settings at public hotspots.
- Never share personal or financial information in a text, phone call or email.
- Keep your account numbers, passwords, etc., private.