you are a
You Know We’re Better When We All Work Together
You focus on finding the best outcomes possible, not just for yourself but for everyone involved. Cooperative by nature, you seek mutually agreeable solutions first – then prioritize your interests accordingly. Often a great way to negotiate, this approach takes time. When dealing with time-sensitive issues, consider letting the completion of the negotiation serve as the top solution you both agree upon.
Share Your Results
- Cooperative and Empathetic – Your energy and people-first approach shine bright in the boardroom.
- Creative – You seek innovative solutions and unique approaches to bridge negotiation gaps.
- Tangential – Your quest for win-win solutions can easily lead down nonproductive paths.
- Slow to Close – It takes time to find agreement, an element that isn’t always on your side.
- Efficiency Experts – When negotiating with those who just want it done, finding outcomes that benefit everyone can be quick and fruitful. The same tends to be true in negotiations with parties who place the relationship above all else.
- Opportunists – You may find that those who are highly results-driven are likely to set their bar far past what most would consider fair. To overcome this obstacle, bring well-researched data and frame the parameters for success up front, before the real negotiating begins.
Become a Better Negotiator
- Set personal deadlines – Regardless of how much time you actually have to negotiate, set a few personal deadlines – whether days, hours or even minutes – and be prepared to move on to the next item when they come. This way you can negotiate just as you always have, but you’ll also know when good enough is good enough – without depriving yourself of valuable time you may need for more important negotiation points down the line.
- Read the articles below – Improve your situational awareness, strengthen your initial position, and learn how to level up your business negotiations.
- Join Key4Women – Strengthen your skills and improve your network by joining thousands of small business owners and professionals like you.