The Road Less Traveled
Recording Your Life's Journey for Future Generations
Share Your Values and Priorities
When it comes to passing on an inheritance, financial assets are undoubtedly important, but multiple studies show it's more important to pass on family values, stories, life lessons and traditions. By creating a culture of communication, trust and mentoring in your family, you can encourage strong bonds and shared values that can last for generations.
Recording Your Story Matters
- Keep your life lessons alive for generations.
- Preserve the essence of your successes and failures, the challenges you confronted, and your values.
- Tell the origins of your family wealth.
86% of Baby Boomers and their parents rated "values and life lessons" as most important to legacy.
Questions to Consider
- What values can I pass to preserve our family's future?
- What would it mean to you and your children to read your ancestors' stories in their own words?
- How will my ancestors remember our family's business success?