As you work toward your retirement goals, consider the ability to grow your earnings before they are taxed. It’s an essential part of your retirement savings plan that helps your nest egg grow, as you build your plans for a confident retirement.
What You Need to Know About Traditional IRAs
- Contribute up to $6,000, some of which may be deductible from your taxes
- Earnings are tax-deferred, so your savings grow quickly because you do not pay taxes until you withdraw funds
- Withdraw funds without IRS penalty prior to age 59½ for certain qualifying expenses (income taxes apply
- Withdrawals required at age 70½ (If you turned 70½ prior to January 1, 2020) If your 70th birthday is July 1, 2019 or later, you do not have to take withdrawals until you reach 72
- Contribute up to an additional $1,000 "catch-up" contribution, beginning the year you reach age 50
Trust products from KeyBank National Association.
KeyBank and its affiliated entities do not give tax or legal advice. The comments regarding the law and tax treatment in this material simply reflect current interpretations of such laws. Since laws are always subject to interpretation and possible changes, KeyBank and its affiliates strongly recommend that you seek the counsel of an attorney and/or other qualified tax advisor as to the specific legal and tax consequences of all planning concepts as they apply to the facts of your particular situation.
Insurance products are offered through KeyCorp Insurance Agency USA, Inc. (KIA). KIS and KIA are affiliated with KeyBank National Association (KeyBank).
Investment and insurance products made available through KIS and KIA are:
KIS, KIA and KeyBank are separate entities, and when you buy or sell securities and insurance products you are doing business with KIS and/or KIA, and not KeyBank.
KIS and its representatives do not provide tax advice. Individuals should consult their personal tax advisor before making any tax-related investment decisions.
Find a Branch or ATM