Business Advisory Services
Find out how we work with your trusted advisors to take the stress out of transitioning your business.Let's Talk
Be Prepared for What You’re Planning
Most business owners approach planning for the transition of their business as a highly secretive topic and assume if they take a low-key approach they won’t raise suspicion from their employees, suppliers, customers, competitors or even worse – their banker. While it might come as a surprise to most business owners, everyone, including your banker, knows that you’re getting older and at some point will eventually ride or sail off into the sunset to retire if you don’t die working at your desk.
Where to Begin?
Whether you’re wondering where to begin the process of developing a written business transition plan or already have one in place, consider these four questions:
- What amount of liquid capital do you need to achieve your personal financial goals?
- What’s an estimate of your business’ “range of values”?
- How does your mental and financial readiness impact your transition options?
- Is the value and transferability of your business negatively impacted because it’s too dependent upon you?
How We Help Our Clients Answer These Questions is through our Business Advisory Services:
- Identify untapped potential and enhance value. Align your business and personal affairs with your goals, while developing a long-term business optimization plan to unlock the value in your business you didn’t know you had.
- Develop an executive growth plan. Create a value system focused on identifying (and mitigating) risks that detract from the value of the business.
- Complete a corporate finance assessment. Identify strategies that focus on creative funding mechanisms for growth strategies.
Strategic Option Analysis
- Analyze transition options. Know the pros and cons of each transition channel. Our thorough strategic option analysis can help minimize transition risk, negotiate higher sale prices and make the deal-making process run more smoothly.
- Gain clarity. We offer apples-to-apples comparison of different business transition options.
- Receive agnostic advice and counsel. We are not “selling” any particular strategy.
Pre-Transition Initiatives & Advisory Services
- Confirming/creating a transaction ready business. Assess the business and help the owner prepare a plan to present the business in the best possible light to the market.
- Deliver transition/transaction advisory services. Serve as the primary driver to design and implement business strategies.
- Finalize pre-transaction planning. Analyze and contemplate possible personal, business tax and legal strategies prior to sale or business transition.
* Indicates required field.