Doing business with Key electronically.
Thank you for being a KeyBank supplier. Below are two mutually beneficial ways to interact with us electronically for receiving payments as well as invoicing.
Payments by P-card
KeyBank's new preferred form of payment uses a virtual credit card, called a P-card, instead of a check or electronic funds transfer.
Advantages of P-cards
With our new payment system, we process your invoice(s) and electronically initiate a single-use virtual payment card to you.
Benefits of virtual credit card payments:
- Fast and more secure payment
- Elimination of potential for delayed or lost checks
- Simplified reconciliation; your payment card’s transactional data is supplemented with invoice number and other payment reference data
- Greater control over accounts receivable
To start being paid via fast, secure virtual credit card, fill out the form below.
KeyBank has simplified the invoicing process for suppliers. We’re shifting from manual invoicing to fast, secure electronic invoicing using Ariba Network eInvoices.
Advantages of eInvoicing for Suppliers
With eInvoicing, network business rules will alert suppliers about errors and prevent incorrect invoices from entering process workflow or back-end systems. Plus, you can automate processing for all types of invoices, including PDF invoices, non-PO invoices, and invoices for complex services.
- Accelerated cycle times
- Automated approvals and exception-handling
- Stronger compliance to contract/order terms
- Supplier visibility into approval/payment status
Fill out our form to get started.
Frequently Asked Questions
Accepting Credit Card: Key’s Enhanced Payment Option
- Who do I contact to find out if my company accepts credit card?
Typically we work with Finance, Treasury, Accounts Receivable, or Accounting Operations.
- How will I receive card payments?
Upon invoice approval, an email is sent to the address you provided with payment remittance information, including invoice(s) paid and total dollar amount processed. As well, a link is provided that when clicked provides the 16 digit card number, expiration, and security code needed to run a credit card payment.
- Can I charge a card-processing fee?
KeyBank will not agree to a surcharge for accepting payment with a card.
- What is the cost of accepting this payment method?
There are processing fees associated with this payment method. These fees are determined by your merchant services provider.
- How does this impact my existing payment terms with this buyer?
KeyBank offers the supplier incentives listed in the overview to encourage the acceptance of MasterCard Virtual Card.
- How long will it take me to receive the payment?
Payments are generally posted to your bank account within 24-48 hours.
Transacting via the Ariba Network: Streamlined Invoice to Pay
- What is the Ariba Network?
The Ariba Network is a secure, global platform for exchanging business transactions such as purchase orders, invoices, catalogs, and payments.
- How do I register for the Ariba Network?
Upon acceptance of W-9 and payment processing information, a “Registration Purchase Order” email will be sent to the email address you provide.
- How do I invoice KeyBank?
Interactive Purchase Orders will be sent via email which can be flipped into invoices. Contracts will be accessible for invoicing by logging into your Ariba portal (additional information will be provided for contract invoicing).
- Do I really need to register on the Ariba Network?
Yes, invoicing KeyBank using the Ariba Network will streamline invoice approvals and automate payment processing. With your Ariba Network Account, you’ll have full transparency in the invoice-to-payment process.
- Are there fees for using the Ariba Network?
By default, KeyBank will register you with an Ariba Standard Account. There are no fees using an Ariba Standard Account.
- What if we already have an Ariba Network Account that we use with other clients?
That’s great! If you know your existing Ariba Network Account ID#, let us know and we’ll send a Trading Relationship Request to that account.