October 2017 - While the Equifax data breach is fading from the headlines, we know clients continue to have questions and concerns about the data breach’s long term impact. Bank accounts, including credit and debit card accounts, are prime targets for hackers who’ve access personal information.
We are committed to protecting your information and assets. Below is information about KeyBank’s 24/7 focus on detecting and protecting client information and assets. We’re also sharing steps clients can take right now to help protect their assets and information, as well as links to trusted resources that offer more detailed information about identity theft protection.
What KeyBank Does
- Assure you that you have zero liability for any unauthorized transactions made on your KeyBank MasterCard.
- We work to keep your information safe by constantly evaluating and updating our systems, as needed, with the most advanced firewall and encryption tools available. We use virtual monitoring to identify potential suspicious account activity.
- To keep your account information safe, our online banking settings require passwords consisting of at least eight characters up to 20 characters. You can use any combination of letters and numbers with the exception of your Social Security number or your tax identification numbers.
- Forget your login information? We can help and we protect your account from unauthorized access by using unique online banking security questions before releasing forgotten login information. We require additional identification verification in online banking areas that contain particularly sensitive information.
What You Can Do:
- Protect your information, including account passwords, by verifying the source any time you receive a telephone call, email or text from someone seeking information. Please know we at KeyBank will never call, text or send an email seeking your account information.
- Create different passwords for each of your online accounts, and change all passwords at least once a year, if not more frequently.
- Keep your electronic devices up to date with the most recent security patches provided by the device manufacturer.
- Monitor all accounts regularly, whether that’s through statements or by using Online Banking.
- Use Online Banking account alerts to track activity. KeyBank offers alerts that track transactions that exceed a specified amount and/or let you know when an account balance drops below a certain amount. Clients enrolled in KeyBank’s financial wellness program can use our personal finance tool to track transactions.
This material is presented for informational purposes only and should not be construed as individual advice.
KeyBank does not provide legal advice.