Privacy & Security
State-of-the-art security to help protect our clients.
We take the security of your data and information seriously. That’s why we use sophisticated tools, technology and training to keep the information you entrust to us safe, protected and secure.
Current Security Alert
We understand it’s an uncertain time and you may have acute concerns about the safety of your finances. It’s important to stay vigilant by following best practices regarding cybersecurity to protect your finances and your identity.
How We Protect Your Information
Have confidence that whether you access your accounts online, by phone, through an ATM or in our branches, your information is being kept safe.
KeyBank uses best practices for security when we call clients
KeyBank does keep in touch with clients and provide service through legitimate calls, emails and texts. When we contact you, we will never ask you to provide or verify your:
- Full Social Security or account numbers
- One-time password
- Username or password
- Answers to security questions over the phone
To safeguard your information, we also use:
- Industry-leading cybersecurity tools, practices and technology
- Multifactor identification practices that protect clients’ identities
- Our Cyber Defense Center, which tracks the latest threats
- Our Fraud Prevention Services group, which monitors client accounts proactively for suspicious activity
If You Think You May Be a Victim of Identity Theft, Contact KeyBank Immediately
- To report confirmed fraud or identity theft on your KeyBank account, call 1-800-433-0124.
- To report a lost or stolen KeyBank credit or debit card, call 1-800-539-9056. For clients using a TDD/TTY device, please call 1-800-539-8336.
If You Believe You’ve Received a Suspicious Email
- Forward the email to firstname.lastname@example.org (do not change or retype the subject line).
- Do not open any attachments or click on any links.
- If you opened attachments, or clicked on any links, call Online Banking Support at 1-800-539-1539.
Responsible Disclosure Program
If you believe you have identified a potential security vulnerability in any product, system, or asset belonging to KeyBank, Cain Brothers, KeyBanc Capital Markets, or Laurel Road ("KeyBank"), please submit a report to our Responsible Disclosure Program at HackerOne.