If you have a passion for analyzing data and implementing solutions to improve customer experience, KeyBank could have a position that suits your skills.
A successful Model Risk professional controls risk while delivering value-added support across all lines of business. Our Model Risk team plays a critical role in the bank’s success, ensuring our models are suitable to support our strategies. The Model Risk team reviews and challenges the design of the models and has approval authority. This team is highly respected, engaged and impacting critical decision-making efforts across the bank.
Given the scope of oversight for all models at Key, our quantitative roles are an excellent opportunity for exposure not only to different techniques and model uses, but also to developing a deeper understanding of the various businesses within the bank. This exposure leads to an understanding beyond models, including building business acumen and comprehending the governance of risk. At Key, you also have an opportunity for greater access to leadership. We are big enough to offer a robust variety of models and techniques to work with, but we are less complex than the big banks. People working on our models often have opportunities to collaborate directly with our leaders.
- Masters or PhD in a quantitative field, with exposure to real-world business practices
- Intellectually curious, proactively engaging partners and asking questions
- Strong written and communication skills
- Comfort with working cross-functionally, balancing a variety of opinions
- Ability to assess model performance, risks and limitations
- Talent for translating complex processes and information into easily understandable terms and explanations
- Experience with models and quantitative techniques
- Understand the conceptual framework and assumptions of the models and how the models are used in the business decision-making process
- Proficiency in statistical software and languages (SAS, R, etc.)
Learn more about the Model Risk opportunities available now.