Information regarding the Equifax cybersecurity breach
Equifax recently disclosed a cybersecurity incident that might affect more than 140 million people whose personal information and account information is stored in Equifax databases.
What to Know
- While KeyBank uses Equifax while evaluating loan applications, our current understanding is that client data provided to Equifax for this reason was not breached.
- Neither commercial card issuers nor prepaid card issuers report any information to any credit bureaus, including Equifax, so KeyBank clients who use commercial or prepaid cards should not be affected.
- Helping to protect your financial assets is among KeyBank's highest priorities. We continually monitor your accounts for suspicious activity that might stem from a security breach at another organization.
- Equifax has established a FAQ page to respond to public concern.
What to Do
- Regardless of the situation, KeyBank recommends that you regularly monitor your accounts for any unauthorized activity. Please continue to do so and immediately contact KeyBank’s Fraud & Disputes Hotline at 1-800-433-0124 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you see suspicious activity.
- Visit KeyBank's Privacy and Security page for more information on steps you can take to protect yourself from identity theft and fraud.