Once you choose to make pretax contributions to a health savings account (HSA), the next step is to open a KeyBank HSA. Depending on where you live, you may have the option to open your KeyBank HSA online or in a branch.
What to know about opening your KeyBank employee HSA
- As a KeyBank employee making an HSA contribution, you must open a KeyBank HSA to have pretax payroll contributions taken on a per-pay basis, and to receive the wellness incentive deposit, if earned.
- If you have already enrolled in KeyBank online and mobile banking, you’ll need to sign on using your existing credentials. Not sure? See if you've previously enrolled or recover your credentials before you open your KeyBank HSA.
Open your new KeyBank employee HSA today!
- At least 5 minutes. (Unfortunately, we cannot save the information entered in incompleted applications if you need to return later.)
- Your current government issued ID
- KeyBank Group Code 250001
- Social Security number for any beneficiaries you plan to add now. (You may add beneficiaries at any time.)
Top Questions About How to Open a KeyBank Employee HSA
You will be able to get a one-time passcode to confirm your identity. If you answer your questions incorrectly and get locked out of your account, you can securely unlock your account quickly and easily online.
Yes, you can use any device to open your account, but you must open it using one of the links found above on this page. It’s important to select the link that corresponds to whether you reside in the KeyBank footprint (states where we operate branches) or outside of it.
Our account opening systems support Safari 11, Chrome 80, Firefox 83, Microsoft Edge 18, along with newer versions of each. (Internet Explorer will no longer be supported.)
You can add up to 5 beneficiaries to your account. For each beneficiary you’ll need their full name, birthdate and Social Security number. You’ll be able to add or change your beneficiaries at any time once you open your HSA.
- To apply, you must be 18 years of age or older.
- You may forfeit your Wellness Incentive contribution for next year, if earned, if you do not open your KeyBank HSA and notify KeyBank Employee Services that you have opened a KeyBank HSA by the first pay period in December of this year.
- The information provided above is intended to be a summary of Key’s benefit programs. Detailed eligibility criteria and other information is available on HR Online > Benefits to Thrive.
- HSA checking account is provided by KeyBank National Association (KeyBank), Member FDIC.
- Key is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.