Key Equipment Finance® Internship
Turn to Key for a rewarding career opportunity
Key Equipment Finance (KEF) is one of the largest bank-based equipment finance providers in the U.S. The company provides tailored equipment lease and finance solutions for commercial clients and government entities. Through its Commercial Vendor and Government Finance units, equipment finance programs are developed for manufacturers, distributors, and resellers. Key Equipment Finance’s specialty finance group includes a lease capital markets team to support corporations looking to optimize risk and revenue, and a lender finance team, which provides structured facilities to various sectors of the specialty finance market.
About the internship
The internship program spans approximately 10-14 weeks in the summer, with a potential to continue part-time during the following school year. As an intern, you will gain hands-on experience working on various projects with a specific department. You will also have an opportunity to network with the senior management of KEF and other professionals across the company to give you a broad perspective on our business. In addition, there will be opportunities for interns to participate in classroom, self-study, and other training to broaden financial, accounting, communications, and other skills. Interns will have the opportunity to support our Financial Analysis & Underwriting, Strategic Analytics, Originations, or Sales Operations team.
What will you learn?
- Understanding of the Equipment Finance and Financial Services industries
- Strengthen and enhance your analytical, decision-making, and communication skills
- Determine the drivers of sales success in a financial services business
- Build business partnering skills that will enable you to become a trusted advisor
What are we looking for?
- Enrollment in an undergraduate program with coursework in Finance, Economics or Accounting
- A minimum 3.0 GPA
- Demonstrated teamwork and leadership through extracurricular activities
- Good analytical, insight generation, and decision-making skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft® Office 2010 applications, especially Excel®
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
This position is NOT eligible for employment visa sponsorship for non-U.S. citizens.