Middle Market Summer Internship
Turn to Key for a rewarding career opportunity
Our Middle Market teams serve companies in various industries with annual revenue of $25 to $500+ million, providing clients with traditional commercial banking products including credit, equipment finance, treasury services, commercial payments, private banking, and capital markets solutions. The Middle Market teams are located in 26 markets from Maine to Alaska.
About the internship
The Middle Market internship will offer a hands-on, mentored experience that provides insight into middle-market career opportunities. Play a crucial support role over the accuracy of credit system data and analyzing commercial loan requests via credit analysis write-ups. The internship provides an excellent opportunity for senior-level banker exposure, on-the-job training, and intern networking events. The internship starts in early June and runs 10.5 weeks through the summer.
What does our internship offer?
- Learn to analyze commercial loan requests via credit analysis write-ups, including but not limited to reviewing financial statement spreads, calculation of key financial ratios, analysis of the borrowers’ business and financial integrity.
- Work closely with designated teams to ensure accuracy of credit system data.
- Work with clients to ensure timely collection of financial statements needed to monitor performance.
- Work with support partners to perform system maintenance to ensure proper portfolio assignments and with Relationship Managers to ensure accurate pipeline activities within Salesforce.
- Complete a capstone project leveraging learnings from the internship to include credit, business analytics, and client-facing deliverables/pitches.
- Orientation to Key’s infrastructure and the business
- Training (on-the-job, Excel® and PowerPoint®, data analysis, commercial credit, sales management, etiquette, résumé counseling, and more)
- Direct coaching and feedback
- Networking opportunities
- Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion project exposure (internal and external)
- Consideration for full-time placement (after graduation) upon completion of the internship
What are we looking for?
- Graduating with a four-year degree or graduate-level degree with focused coursework in finance, accounting, economics and/or data science (preferred)
- Outstanding academic achievement (minimum GPA 3.0)
- Demonstrated leadership and teamwork from past work experience and/or extracurricular activities
- Strong quantitative and critical thinking abilities
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
This position is NOT eligible for employment visa sponsorship for non-U.S. citizens