KeyBank Quantitative Risk Management Internship
Turn to Key for a rewarding career opportunity
Key Risk Management provides the company’s lines of business advanced analytical, advisory, and reporting expertise on risk management strategies and initiatives to minimize losses while accomplishing business goals.
About the internship
Essential job functions include analytics and reporting, understanding and validating models, participating in model and report development, working with regulatory reporting, assessing and monitoring risk and risk control processes, performing research and analysis with integrity and accuracy, and monitoring and evaluating problems across a broad spectrum of risk.
Summer placement areas include:
- Risk Modeling & Analytics – Responsible for the creation and testing of financial models used by various lines of business to make business decisions.
- Model Risk – Responsible for the validation/auditing of financial models, ensuring KeyBank employs models that are suited for their intended purpose, properly implemented, and operating as intended.
- Market Risk – Responsible for monitoring and evaluating risk affecting KeyBank’s current or anticipated capital, income, cash flows or valuation of equity and portfolios resulting from adverse movements in market rates or prices.
- Credit Portfolio Management – Responsible for optimizing Key’s economic capital and enhancing return relative to the credit portfolio.
What does our internship offer?
- Orientation to Key’s infrastructure and the business
- Training (on-the-job, software, etiquette, résumé counseling, and more)
- Direct coaching and feedback
- Engagement with senior leaders
- Community involvement
- Networking opportunities
- Executive Speaker Series
- Consideration for full-time placement (after graduation) upon completion of the internship
What are we looking for?
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s degree program in Mathematics, Statistics, Financial Engineering, Economics, Business Analytics, Master of Finance or related fields of study
- Outstanding academic achievement (3.3 GPA required, 3.5 GPA or above preferred)
- Familiarity with software and systems such as SAS, R, Tableau, and Microsoft Excel® are preferred
- Strong accounting and financial acumen
- Good analytical and decision-making skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated teamwork through extracurricular activities