KeyBank Corporate Strategy Internship
Turn to Key for a rewarding career opportunity
The Corporate Strategy Intern will report to the Director of Corporate Strategy. Working closely with senior and junior members of the Corporate Strategy team, interns support the strategy and business development needs of KeyCorp and all of its principal business units. Interns also support executives and business leaders across KeyCorp in strategy development/strategic planning activities and M&A transaction identification, evaluation, and execution.
About the internship
The internship spans 10-14 weeks in the summer. As an intern, you will gain experience working on various projects and work closely with seasoned professionals to develop your skills. Your primary focus will be to support the development of Key’s annual strategic plan through the creation of high quality presentation materials and thorough business analysis. Additional projects include M&A target identification, analysis of target strategic fit, financial modeling and valuation, peer benchmarking, competitive analyses, and business case development.
What does our internship offer?
- Orientation to Key’s infrastructure and the business
- Training (on-the-job, Excel® and PowerPoint®, etiquette, résumé counseling, and more)
- Direct coaching and feedback
- Engagement with senior leaders
- Community involvement
- Networking opportunities
- Executive Speaker Series
- Consideration for full-time placement (after graduation) upon completion of the internship
What are we looking for?
- Enrollment in an undergraduate program with coursework in Accounting, Finance, Business Strategy, and Economics
- A minimum cumulative 3.3 GPA required, 3.5 GPA preferred
- Relevant work or internship experience
- Demonstrated teamwork and leadership through extracurricular activities