Mobile and PFM Frequently Asked Questions
General Mobile Banking FAQs
Mobile Banking allows you to access your accounts with your mobile device anytime, anywhere. Plus, with Text Banking and Account Alerts, you can make sure you're always up to date. Answers to some frequently asked questions about Mobile Banking are included below. We want you to feel comfortable with the convenience, safety, and technology of Mobile Banking.
- How can I enroll in Mobile Banking?
To use Mobile Banking, you simply need to enter your Online Banking credentials. No separate enrollment required. If you’re not already an Online Banking user, you can enroll:
- Is Mobile Banking secure?
KeyBank’s Mobile Banking offers the same security and encryption as our Online Banking service. This helps ensure that your Mobile Banking experience with us will be safe and secure. Text messages are not secure, which is why KeyBank will never send your name or account number via text message.
- Will I be able to access all of my accounts using Mobile Banking?
KeyBank's Mobile Banking allows you to access all accounts that you currently view within Online Banking. Most accounts are eligible for Text Banking and Alerts. Call 866-798-4109 to learn more.
- Is there a fee for Mobile Banking?
KeyBank does not charge a fee to use the mobile app*, mobile web (m.key.com) or to enroll in text banking. If you use the Mobile Deposit service, based on the type of account you have, there may be a per check (item) deposited fee to make a Mobile Deposit.
In addition, your mobile carrier may charge for internet access and/or text messages.
- If I don't have an iPhone®, iPad®, Android™ or Kindle device, can I still use Key's Mobile Banking?
Yes. While our mobile apps are available for iPhone®, iPad®, Android™ or Amazon Kindle devices, all other web-enabled devices can access our mobile Web† at m.key.com.
- Can I use the Back button in Mobile Banking?
Yes you can, but to ensure that your transactions are submitted correctly, it is recommended that you use the links provided on the page to navigate around the Mobile Banking site.
- If I lose my mobile phone, can someone access my Mobile Banking accounts?
Because we require a User ID and password and no information is stored on your mobile device, your information is safe.
If you use Text Banking and/or Alerts, sign on to Online Banking or call 866-798-4109 to suspend or disenroll your phone. As a reminder, your name and account number will never be sent via text message. Contact your mobile carrier immediately if your phone has been lost or stolen.
Personal Financial Management
- What is Personal Financial Management?
- Personal Financial Management (PFM) is a software package you can purchase to track and analyze your accounts. You can connect directly to KeyBank to download account balances and transactions, pay bills, and transfer funds. Supported software is Quicken and QuickBooks.
- What do I need to enroll in Quicken or QuickBooks?
- Complete the enrollment form on key.com. You will need your account number, Social Security number or tax ID, and the version of software you will be using. Enrollment is not immediate. Learn more about the enrollment process.
- Why can I no longer download my credit card transactions into my software?
- To download credit card transactions you will need to sign on to Key's Online Banking and select Download Transactions. You will be able to download credit card transactions into your Quicken software. Quickbooks download for credit card information is not available at this time.
†Available for iPhone®, iPod® Touch, Android™, or phones equipped with a supported mobile web browser.
Android™ is a trademark of Google Inc. Use of this trademark is subject to Google Permissions.
iPhone® and iPod® Touch are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. All rights reserved.