- What type of products can I apply for online?
You can apply for up to four products* at one time, including:
- Checking Accounts – select the account that's right for you
- Savings Accounts, Money Market Accounts, and Certificate of Deposits – accounts that help you save more
- Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs) – have the reassurance of knowing your savings are secure
- Health Savings Accounts (HSAs) – manage rising healthcare costs
- Auto Loans – new and used loans plus refinancing
- Boat Loans – boat loans for recreational vessels of all sizes
- RV Loans – new and used RV loans plus refinancing
- Home Equity Loans or Lines of Credit – learn how you can use your home's equity
- Motorcycle Loans – competitive rates for new, used or custom bikes
- Unsecured Personal Loans – finance without collateral
- Personal Lines of Credit – finance your many different interests
- Cash Reserve Credit for Overdraft Protection – plan ahead for those unexpected expenses
- Credit Cards – select which is right for you – Key2More Rewards MasterCard® Credit Card or KeyBank Platinum MasterCard Credit Card®
* KeyBank can open and service accounts in the following states: AK, CO, ID, IN, KY, ME, MI, NY, OH, OR, UT, VT, WA. Health savings accounts are available in all states.
- What do I need in order to apply online?
Each product will require different information specific to that product but in general, all applications will require:
- Social Security number
- Email address
- Date of birth
- Home address for past 2 years
- Employment information for past 2 years
- Driver's license or secondary form of identification
- Checking account and routing numbers you will use to fund your new account
- How do I make an opening deposit when opening a checking or savings account online?
There are three options that you can select from:
- Transfer from an existing KeyBank account
- Transfer from an account at another bank or financial institution
- Transfer from a MasterCard or Visa
- When I apply for a new KeyBank credit card, can I transfer a balance from one of my other cards?
Yes you can make up to 6 balance transfers at the time of application when applying for a KeyBank credit card. You cannot transfer balances from other KeyBank credit cards or lines of credit.
- If I don't have all the information to submit my application, can I save it and come back later?
- We offer the ability to save your deposit or credit application and return to complete it within 30 days.
- How do I request a debit card when opening my new checking account?
- You can request a debit card during the application process. If you are looking for a debit card for an existing checking account, you need to visit a KeyBank branch or contact us at 888-539-1234.
- Does KeyBank accept applications from non-U.S. citizens?
- Yes, however a Social Security number or Tax Identification Number is required to submit the application.
- If I am applying for a loan or line of credit product, how long will it take to get the status of my application?
- Many times the status of an online loan application can be provided immediately. If we are unable to provide an instant status, a loan closing specialist will contact you within two business days with a status update.
- If I am applying to open a checking or savings account, how long does it take for the account to be opened?
- If you electronically sign your documents online during the account opening process, your account is opened and active immediately. If not, it is opened once we receive your signed documents and opening deposit. Please note that an opening deposit from another bank's account or through a debit/credit card may not be available or reflect in your new account for five to seven business days.
- If I am applying for a credit card, how long will it take to get the status of my application?
Many times an online credit card application can be reviewed and a decision reached instantly. If we are unable to provide an instant decision, you will receive an email when the status of your application is available. In addition, you will receive information regarding the status of your application via the U.S. Mail.
- Who do I contact if I have any questions during the application process?
- You can contact us at 800-539-9055, or you can get help by chatting with us on key.com. Look for the "Chat Online" logo throughout the site to talk with a product specialist.
- How do I know if you received my application?
- You will receive an email at the email address you provided in the application immediately after you select the submit button notifying you that we have received your request and that is processing.
- What if I want to cancel my application after I submit it?
- Call us at 800-539-9055 to cancel.