KeyBank Announces 2018 "Small Business is Key" Grant Winners
Each year, in recognition of Small Business Month, KeyBank awards $70,000 in grants to small businesses that give back to the community. This year, 14 regional winners were chosen to receive $5,000 grants.
“We understand small businesses are core to communities—when small businesses succeed, communities thrive, so we are excited to celebrate best-in-class examples with this year’s Small Business is Key Contest winners.” said Jamie Warder, Head of KeyBank Business Banking. “We’re looking forward to continuing our relationship with local businesses and seeing the positive outcomes they have on their local communities.”
Created in 2017, the Small Business is Key Contest, in alignment with Small Business Month, highlights the lasting impacts of small businesses. Each regional winner was selected based on the business’s positive affect on the community it serves and the degree to which it makes the community a better place. The contest is an opportunity for KeyBank to invest in the communities we serve.
Congratulations to this year's "Small Business is Key" Grant Winners:
- Xavier Creative House (Atlantic Region)
- The Adirondack Wood Floor Co. (Capital New York Region)
- Laci’s Tapas Bar (Central New York Region)
- B&B Gear and Machine Co. Inc. (Central and Southwestern Ohio Region)
- Double Eagle, Inc. (Colorado)
- Dances with Wood, Inc. (Connecticut and Massachusetts)
- Reel’s Auto Sales, LLC (Eastern Ohio Region)
- FiftyFlowers (Idaho and Utah)
- Johnson County Senior Services (Indiana, Northwestern Ohio and Michigan)
- Robert Raleigh and Sons Inc. and The John Richard Raleigh III Scholarship Fund (Maine and Vermont)
- Gwynn’s Coffeehouse (Oregon and Alaska)
- Hanky Pies (Washington State)
- Perks Café (Western New York Region)
- Pamela’s P&G Diner (Western Pennsylvania Region)
To learn more about how we can help your business thrive, make an appointment with a KeyBank Small Business Specialist.