KeyNavigator ACH FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions
- What ACH payment types can be originated in KeyNavigator?
KeyNavigator offers the follow ACH Payment types available to users on request:
- Cash Concentration (CCD Debit)
- Cash Concentration/Disbursement (CCD Debit and Credit)
- Cash Disbursement (CCD Credits)
- Child Support Payments (CCD Credits)
- Consumer Collections (PPD Debits)
- Consumer Collections/Payments
- Consumer Payments (PPD Credits)
- Corporate Collections (CCD Debits)
- Corporate Trade Exchange (CTX- Credits or Debits)
- Corporate/Vendor Payments (CCD Credits)
- International ACH Transactions (IAT)
- Internet Initiated Collections (WEB- Debits Authorized online)
- Payroll (PPD Credits)
- Tax Payments (CCD Credits)
- Telephone Initiated Collections (TEL-Debits authorized via Phone/VRU)
- Can I create future dated payments?
Yes, you can create future dated payments with effective dates up to 30 calendar days in the future.
- How late can I initiate ACH payments online?
Payments are picked up throughout the day during various cutoffs; the final cutoff time is 8:00pm ET.
- What types of reports are available?
There are several reports available under ACH Report Management:
- Payment Detail Report - provides all details associated with entered and approved payments.
- Payment Summary Total Report - provides summary information of payment batches that were sent, without providing the specific details of each transaction.
- File Import Status Report - provides status of imported transactions.
- Payment Audit Trail Report - shows actions users performed associated with any payments created.
- Template Audit Trail Report - shows actions users performed with templates created.
- Additional ACH Reports are available through Information Reporting, and include:
- Customer Activity Report (CAR) – shows ACH returns, notifications of change and settlement reconcilement for the previous day’s activity.
- EDI Remittance Report – shows any addenda information that was sent with incoming ACH transactions posted to your account.
- Can I import ACH payment information into KeyNavigator?
Yes, you can import ACH information. The acceptable formats are Comma Delimited, Fixed Column or NACHA. You will need to create a file import map for all file formats, except for NACHA; the map tells the system how to read your file. A map can be created in the Setup Menu by selecting Detail Import Map.
- What types of alerts are available?
Within KeyNavigator, you can setup alerts including: Payments Awaiting Approval, Payments Automatically Generated and Approver-Rejected Payments. Other alert options are also available in our KeyNavigator Message Center.
- What actions can I perform in KeyNavigator Mobile?
For your convenience, ACH approvals can be completed on the go via your mobile phone with KeyNavigator Mobile.
- What is your cutoff time for Same-day ACH payments?
The cutoff for creation and approval for Same-day ACH payments is 3 PM EST.
- Do you offer International ACH Transactions (IAT)?
Yes, KeyBank offers IAT for 24 countries including Canada, Mexico and Europe.
- What is an IBAN?
IBAN stands for International Bank Account Number. It identifies an individual account, at a specific financial institution, in a particular country and is used to process financial transactions between institutions in different countries. Used correctly, the IBAN facilitates faster payment processing. For example, the standard IBAN for Italy contains 27 characters made up of the following:
- 2 letters ISO country code
- 2 digits IBAN check digits
- 1 characters check digit
- 5 digits bank code
- 5 digits branch code
- 12 characters account number
- What is Quick Entry?
Quick Entry is useful for templates with one beneficiary, you may make a payment from the Payments List View widget.