Asset Based Lending
Flexible financing for strategic and growth needs
You need an asset-based lending program that takes all your organization’s needs and goals into account. KeyBank experts draw on years of experience in your industry to create a financing package uniquely suited to your business and situation.
A corporation’s tangible assets (and intangible assets) can do more than perform their primary business function; an asset can also work on behalf of the balance sheet. The flexibility of an asset-based financing structure can be particularly relevant to small-cap and mid-cap firms in industries where working capital assets dominate the balance sheet (manufacturers, distributors, wholesalers, retailers and business services, for example). Year to date in 2018, KeyBank’s Business Capital team raised more than $1.2 billion in asset-based financing and additionally $1.4 billion in Debt Capital Markets for our clients.
Can your assets work for you?
From revolving credit facilities to senior term loans, Key has both the expertise and financial strength to help companies with funding needs more than $5 million. We can help companies to increase working capital at a reduced interest rate, refinance existing debt, fuel growth, fund M&A, and increase liquidity during business restructuring, turnaround or recapitalization.
Recent asset-based lending deals provided by KeyBank Business Capital® have assisted businesses of a variety of sizes and in multiple industries and locations. Recent examples in this PDF include:
- Key successfully closed a five-year $70 million Senior Secured ABL Revolving Credit Facility and a $450 million Senior Secured Notes offering in conjunction with the acquisition of Cornerstone Chemical Company by Littlejohn & Co. KBCM acted as Joint Lead Arranger and Sole Bookrunner on the Asset-Based Revolving Credit Facility, Joint Bookrunner on the Senior Secured Notes, and Joint Lead Arranger and Joint Bookrunner on the Bridge Facility.
- Key successfully closed on a $40 million asset-based revolving credit facility to Rosy Blue LTD. KeyBank acted as Agent and Lead Arranger.
- Key acted as Sole Lender for a $12 million senior secured revolving credit facility for Nature’s Touch
Asset-based lending is a particularly relevant solution for many companies in the following industries:
- Business services
Products & Services
Asset-based loans can take on many forms. The lending products that have helped our clients the most include:
- Secured revolving credit facility
- Short-term over-advance facilities
- Secured term loan facilities
- Senior stretch term loans