High Grade/High Yield Debt
Delivering thought-provoking ideas and flawless execution.
KeyBanc Capital Markets® provides a wealth of knowledge, helping us bring innovative financial solutions to the table so you can take advantage of every opportunity. We then follow through with flawless execution so you can get back to business.
The KeyBanc Capital Markets® high-grade and high-yield capital markets team leverages broad industry and market expertise to deliver superior execution and exceptional service to our clients. Our desk is fully integrated, consisting of a combined public and private execution effort, which allows us to evaluate each transaction and determine the best market and strategy for our clients.
Our experts work in close coordination with our Syndicated Finance, Leveraged Finance and Fixed- Income professionals to provide integrated financial solutions made possible by our deep institutional partner relationships. Our focus on middle-market companies makes our relationships and experience particularly relevant, and supports our commitment to rapid decision making. Together with our industry specialists, our high-grade and high-yield capital markets team delivers innovative deal structuring and reliable results.
Since 2011, we have helped our clients raise over $300 billion of capital to replace existing debt, fund M&A, return capital to shareholders, and support other strategic business objectives.
- Our specialized team understands the unique needs of companies that have ratings of Baa3 (Moody’s) or BBB- (Standard & Poor’s) or higher, with a goal to raise capital in the debt markets. We have the experience and expertise to provide advisory and execution services in the high-grade capital markets.
- We have the resources to help your company create optimal structures and terms for a bond offering. Our syndicate desk provides keen insight to the markets and maintains relationships with both investors and issuers, while our sales and trading teams complete the process and provide input throughout the life cycle of the offering. Our team of 50 sales professionals maintains relationships with over 2,200 institutional accounts with coverage of Tier I, Tier II and Tier III accounts.
- Many companies with ratings of Ba1 (Moody’s) or BB+ (Standard & Poor’s) or lower raise capital in the high-yield bond market. Our teams are experienced in the nuances of the high- yield market and sharply focused on the structuring and execution of high-yield solutions that meet our clients’ needs.
- KeyBanc Capital Markets has rapidly grown its high-yield, new issue practice – evidenced by our recent roles as bookrunner on a number of transactions.
- Our sales and trading teams maintain investor relationships, and provide market insight and secondary trading support throughout the life cycle of the offering. The 13 senior professionals in our high-yield sales group average over 20 years of experience in the industry.
- Private debt placements can meet debt financing needs of issuers who are not a fit for the public markets due to lack of long-term ratings, smaller deal sizes, off-the-run tenors and private ownership. KeyBanc Capital Markets senior team members have the relationships and experience to structure and execute a variety of private placement structures.
- Our senior team leaders can offer advice on the best structures for your private debt placements, then connect borrowers with private debt buyers. We offer a wide range of debt products, with maturity dates ranging from three to 30 years.
- Our bankers actively connect borrowers with debt-side investors on a regular basis after listening carefully to your company’s needs. Private debt investors typically have very specific credit, return, geographic and industry sector profiles. We get to know your requirements and bring deals that make sense. We work regularly with financial institutions seeking investment opportunities, as well as institutional investors such as insurance companies and asset managers. Typically, our debt private placement investors are seeking opportunities which afford them larger allocations, alternative maturities and more structure then can be found in the public market.