Secondary Authorization for Positive Pay
You can choose to require that a second approver authorize Positive Pay ‘pay’ decisions before payments are made. Secondary authorizations must be performed within the specified time frames. Please refer to the Same Day and Next Day sections for deadlines.
4.1 Using Secondary Authorization
- To perform secondary authorizations for Positive Pay items select ‘Positive Pay Secondary Authorization’ from the Account Management main page.
- Use the dropdown menus to select ‘Same Day’ or ‘Next Day’ and an account.
- Click ‘go’ once the appropriate account has been selected
- Items requiring secondary authorization will be displayed, along with the name of the user that initially approved the item.
- Authorize individual payments by using the checkboxes to select which items on this page to authorize and then clicking ‘next.’ You can also view an image or additional details for the suspect items by clicking on the camera icon for the item that you wish to view.
NOTE: E-checks have been converted from paper items to ACH transactions; therefore, there are no associated images. Clicking on the e-check camera icon will provide additional details, including the type of ACH transaction. If you do not wish to have paper checks converted to ACH transactions, please ask your Treasury Services Payments Advisor about Key’s EPA service.
If an image for a check (not an e-check) is not available, please contact Key’s CBBC at 800-539-9039 and notify the representative.
- Review the information provided on the Review Information screen. You can make changes to your decision by selecting ‘edit,’ or select ‘submit’ to process items according to the stop/return decisions selected.
- Once ‘submit’ is selected, you will receive a Positive Pay Secondary Authorization Confirmation screen. From the confirmation screen, you can go back to the Account Management main page by selecting ‘main page’ or return to the Secondary Authorization screen by selecting ‘done.’ When you return to the Secondary Authorization screen, the secondary authorization decisions will be identified.
- Changes can be made, and re-authorized, until the deadline. After the deadline, items are paid or returned based on your actions.