Utilities, Power & Renewables
KeyBanc Capital Markets® is a premier provider of investment banking services to the electric power sector, working with investor-owned utilities, electric cooperatives and independent power producers. We work with some of the country’s major power companies including Duke Energy, East Kentucky Power Cooperative and FirstEnergy.
In addition to a focusing on conventional power generation, we are a premier provider of capital and advisory services to the renewable energy sector, serving companies such as EverPower, NRG, Pattern, and SunEdison. We have financed more than 10.7 GW of renewable power generation in the U.S. since 2010.
We have helped our utility and power clients raise more than $82 billion in debt and equity financing, while assisting in over $3 billion in M&A transactions.
KeyBanc Capital Markets is a premier provider of investment banking services to the electric power sector. Some of our recent successes can be found here (PDF), and include:
- KeyBanc Capital Markets acted as Joint Lead Arranger on $297 million senior secured credit facilities for Deepwater Wind’s 30 MW Block Island Wind Farm. The first offshore wind project in the United States.
- KeyBanc Capital Markets acted as Advisor to SunEdison on a strategic equity partnership with J.P. Morgan Asset Management – Global Real Assets.
- KeyBanc Capital Markets supported leading residential solar provider Sunrun Inc. in the company’s $251 million initial public offering.
- KeyBanc Capital Markets acted as Mandated Lead Arranger on $81 million senior secured credit facilities for NextEra Energy Partners 362 MW Meadowlark Wind Portfolio.
- KeyBanc Capital Markets acted as Sole Lead Arranger on $16 million senior secured credit facilities for Suncrest 11.7 MWDC California Residential Solar Portfolio.
The KeyBanc Capital Markets Utilities, Energy, and Renewables group has structured financing for a wide variety of companies with varying needs. Specific focus sectors include:
- Advanced lighting
- Biomass power
- Electric cooperatives
- Energy storage
- Hydroelectric power
- Investor owned utilities
- Pollution control
- Resource management technology
- Smart grid and energy management technology
- Solar power producers
- Wind power producers
KeyBanc Capital Markets' energy and renewables experts have been featured recently in a number of publications including:
- Project Finance International Yearbook 2015 - Andrew Redinger was quoted in this annual publication, for the article, "Yieldcos Reprice Renewable Equity. "Demand for cashflows generated by renewable energy assets is accelerating the evolution of the yieldco sector.” Andrew explained, "This asset class has become much better understood by investors over the past 12 months and we are seeing increased receptiveness translate into a packed IPO pipeline for next year."
KeyBanc Capital Markets is a trade name under which corporate and investment banking products and services of KeyCorp® and its subsidiaries, KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc., Member NYSE/FINRA/SIPC, and KeyBank National Association ("KeyBank N.A."), are marketed. Securities products and services are offered by KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. and its licensed securities representatives, who may also be employees of KeyBank N.A. Banking products and services are offered by KeyBank N.A.
Securities products and services: Not FDIC Insured • No Bank Guarantee • May Lose Value
Please read our complete KeyBanc Capital Markets disclosure statement