Real Estate Investment Banking
From IPOs to follow-on offerings, acquisition and operational funding, a real estate investment banking team with a strong track record is critical to raising the capital so critical to the business of commercial real estate. Our KeyBanc Capital Markets® platform provides full-service financing for all types of REITs and private owners of real estate from both the public and private equity markets, and includes joint venture funding and both buy-side and sell-side advisory services. We provide complementary services to KeyBank Real Estate Capital, which provides debt-side solutions.
In the last decade, we have managed more than 250 transactions that delivered more than $56 billion in financing, including specialized services for non-traded REITs, triple net transactions and student housing.
We put a senior team on every deal. Our experienced investment bankers begin each engagement by listening to your goals before we propose financial strategies – then we come through with successful executions.
See a detailed list of our full service real estate investment banking deals here (PDF), including the following recent transactions:
- KeyBanc Capital Markets acted as Joint Bookrunner on Welltower Inc.’s $700 million Senior Note transaction.
- KeyBanc Capital Markets acted as Joint Bookrunner on Medical Properties Trust, Inc.’s $500 million Senior Note transaction.
- KeyBanc Capital Markets acted as Joint Bookrunner for American Campus Communities, Inc.’s $740 million Follow-On Offering.
- KeyBanc Capital Markets acted as a Financial Advisor to Strategic Capital Partners, LLC on the company’s new joint venture with Berkshire Group to develop and acquire a portfolio of industrial, office and mixed-use properties in targeted Southeast, Mid-Atlantic and Midwest markets.
We have served the needs of many REITs since before they went public, beginning with pre-IPO services, then growing with them as they go public, acquire other firms, raise additional capital and restructure shares and debt. This matrix of clients and our deal history demonstrates a few of our representative long-term client relationships, including:
- American Campus Communities
- EDR Collegiate Housing
- First Potomac Realty Trust
- DuPont Fabros Technology
- Kite Realty Group
We provide comprehensive real estate capital markets services including:
- At-the-Market Offerings
- Debt Offerings
- Follow-on Equity Offerings
- Joint venture capital
- M&A Advisory (buy-side and sell-side)
- Preferred Equity Offerings
- Private equity capital
- Public market equity capital
- Public Note Offerings
KeyBanc Capital Markets is a trade name under which corporate and investment banking products and services of KeyCorp® and its subsidiaries, KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc., Member NYSE/FINRA/SIPC, and KeyBank National Association ("KeyBank N.A."), are marketed. Securities products and services are offered by KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. and its licensed securities representatives, who may also be employees of KeyBank N.A. Banking products and services are offered by KeyBank N.A.
Securities products and services: Not FDIC Insured • No Bank Guarantee • May Lose Value
Please read our complete KeyBanc Capital Markets disclosure statement