Authorizing Transactions and Templates
Secondary authorization for KeyNavigator-initiated wires is based at the user level. Limits are set per account. You can select secondary authorization for KeyNavigator wires by completing the Payment Authorization form. Contact your Payments Advisor to set up wire entitlements.
KeyNavigator wires can require up to two additional approvals after the wire is initiated before funds are released.
Wires awaiting secondary approval will not be processed. They will be held in a queue, pending approval, until 5:30 p.m. ET on the requested date of transmission. The Wire Department does not have the capability to release transfers that have not been authorized by the second approver because these wires do not leave KeyNavigator.
Templates require a secondary approval before they are eligible for use. All templates must be approved by a second user before they can be utilized. Templates require an additional approval because your company may set higher approval limits for repetitive transactions.
5.1 Authorizing Wires
To approve wires, click on the Payments section and select Wires. Select Authorize Transactions. Note that approval can also be completed via KeyNavigator Mobile.
You can filter the transactions to search for specific wires. Click on Filter and enter the filter parameters. Click View.
From the Authorize Transactions screen you can select ALL via the check box at the top of the Authorize select/unselect column or select an individual item by checking its box. Click Authorize Selected Payments.
An Approval screen will display the selected items. Select Accept to continue or Cancel to stop the approval process.
If you selected Accept, a Confirmation screen will report the status of the authorized transactions. In this example the highlighted transaction must be approved by a third user before the wire will release.
5.2 Approving Templates
- To approve templates click on the Payables section and select Wires. Select Authorize Templates.
NOTE: Approval can also be completed via KeyNavigator Mobile.
- Click on the template number you wish to approve. View the details.
- Select Authorize. A Confirmation screen will display the template with the status of Authorized.
5.3 Viewing the Template Listing – Edit, Delete, Approve
To view a list of templates click on the Payables section and select Wires. Select Template Listing under the View section of the Wire main page. If needed, apply a filter to locate a specific template. Click on a template number to review the details.
From the detailed template screen you can:
- Edit – Make changes and click Next. Accept the changes on the review screen. A Confirmation screen will display the template with the status of Authorization Required. Any edits made to existing templates requires a secondary approval.
- Void – Click Void to delete a template from the listing. To complete the void click Accept, the confirmation screen will show a status of Void. To cancel deleting the template click Cancel.
- Authorize – After you click Authorize you will receive a Confirmation screen with a status of Authorized.