Tools & Resources
Sub Account Set-up
To submit a request for a new sub account, you must complete a new set-up template in Microsoft Excel (see screenshot of form in Appendix A). Be sure to complete all required fields, as indicated in section 2.1, Set-up Fields.
- If any requests cannot be processed, you will be contacted by the Key Accounts Manager Support Team
- Revisions to sub accounts should be submitted on a new template
- New sub accounts opened on the last business day of the month will appear on the next month’s Key Accounts Manager report.
2.1 Set-up Fields
- Date mm/dd/yy: Date you prepared the sub account request
- Prepared by: Your name or the name of the person who completed the template
- Telephone Number: Your phone number or the phone number of the person who completed the template
- Master/Client Name: Name of the organization, which must be the same as the name on the Master Account
- Master Account Number: Your master checking account number
- Group Number: The group number assigned to you by the Key Accounts Manager Support Team. This would have been provided to you when your account was opened.
- Division: An optional field you may use for identification purposes
- Unit Number: An optional field you can define that can contain miscellaneous information
- Sub Account Name: Sub account holder’s name (individual or business)
- Title Line 2: Additional titling for a sub account holder
- Sub Account Deposit Amount: An optional field indicating the amount of the first deposit. If you are performing prefunding, you will use this field.
- Rental Security Pet, Garage, or Other Deposit Flag: An optional field that identifies the presence of additional fees. Enter P, G, O, or leave this field blank.
- New York Rental Security Year End Interest: for New York Rental Security only, enter A (C is not available)
- Sub Account SSN/EIN/TIN: The tax identification number of the sub account funds owner
- Sub Account U.S. Citizen: Enter ‘Y’ if the sub account funds owner is an individual, otherwise enter ‘N’.
- Tax ID Indicator: Enter 0 if the sub account funds owner is an individual, otherwise enter 1 to indicate a business
- Pre-Need Only Irrevocable Trust Flag: For Funeral Pre-Need only, enter ‘Y’ if the sub account is an irrevocable trust, otherwise enter ‘N’
- Non-Profit and Life-Care Only Sub Account Date of Birth mm/dd/yy: The date of birth of the sub account holder
- Additional Space for Foreign Address: An optional field to include additional foreign address information
- City: The city of the street address
- State, Possession, or Canadian Province Code: The state of the street address
- Zip Code: The zip code of the street address
- KeyBank Use Only: Country Code, leave this field blank