Phone Currency and Coin Ordering
This section of the user guide provides you with step-by-step instructions for how to place your currency and coin orders by phone through Key’s interactive voice response system.
1.1 Tips for Placing Currency and Coin Phone Orders
- If at any time you need to add a new user, reset your PIN, need assistance with placing your order, or have any questions, please contact KeyBank’s Corporate Client Services At 1 (800)-363-1491 and select option 2.
- Listen carefully to system messages as they walk you through each step to place an order
- Should you hang up during the ordering process before the ‘order number’ and ‘delivery date’ have been issued, the order will not be accepted and cannot be processed.
- Canadian currency and coin orders may be placed by using the Key Total Treasury Foreign Currency Exchange service.
- It is strongly suggested that you make copies of the Currency and Coin Ordering Worksheet found in this User Guide to use for each order and retain this order information until delivery.
- Be sure to document your order confirmation number on your order worksheet
- In the event of an invalid entry, the system will prompt you to re-enter your information. After three invalid entries, the system will cancel your request and transfer your call to the Corporate Client Service Center for assistance.
NOTE: While enhancements have been made to the phone ordering system, this does not impact your standard order cut-off times. Currency and coin orders must still be placed by the order cut-off time established when you set up vault services.
1.2 How to Place Currency and Coin Phone Order
Currency and coin orders must be placed by your standard order cut-off time set-up when you established your vault services. If you have questions regarding your order cut-off time, please contact KeyBank’s Corporate Client Services at 1 (800)-363-1491 and select option 2. When calling the automated currency and coin ordering system, the following information is required.
- Standard Product codes and minimum order values, located on the ordering worksheet
- Client ID Number: Provided to the ordering location
- User ID Number: 4 digits
- PIN: 4 digits, provided to the ordering location
NOTE: The system will require you to reset your Personal Identification Number (PIN) upon your first use. Your new PIN cannot begin with a zero (0).
To place your order, follow the steps listed below.
- Dial the automated ordering system at 1 (800)-363-1491
- Press 1 to place your order
- Enter your Client ID, followed by the pound or hash sign (#)
- Enter your User ID, followed by the pound or hash sign (#)
- Enter your PIN, followed by the pound or hash sign (#)
NOTE: At this point during your phone order, your details will be validated. Please wait for the system response to continue
- Enter your order using the standard format below of product codes (see Ordering Worksheet for product codes) and value. For example: 501*100#
- Press the pound or hash key (#) to confirm each order entry, or Press the star key (*) to cancel and re-enter your order entry.
- Once all order amounts have been entered, press the pound or hash key (#) twice to end your order.
- Confirm your order by pressing the pound or hash key (#) after the system repeats your order value amount.
- You will then receive the following message “Your Next Available Delivery Date is…”
- To accept this delivery date, press 1, followed by the pound or hash key (#)
- To enter your own delivery date, press 2. Enter the date in the 2-digit month, 2-digit day, and 4-digit year format, followed by the pound or hash key (#).
- Write down your confirmation number on order order worksheet.
- Press 1 to place another order, press 3 for the Operator, or press 4 to exit the system.