Bank Wire Transfers
Fast, secure, bank-to-bank wire transfers.
Visit any KeyBank branch to securely and easily send wire transfers to recipients who are in the United States or abroad.
Send a Wire Transfer from KeyBank
To send a wire transfer, you must:
- Be the owner of the KeyBank account the transfer will be sent from.
- Show your valid photo ID, including a driver’s license, passport or government-issued ID with your photo and signature.
When will your wire transfer arrive?
- Within the United States, send your wire transfer by 6:00 p.m. ET to have it sent the same day.
- For international wire transfers, the cutoff time is 5:30 p.m. ET. And, we’ll let you know when to expect the funds to arrive when you schedule your transfer.
Visit a Branch to Send your Wire Transfer Today.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a wire transfer and how does it work?
A wire transfer is an electronic transfer of money that can be made among the hundreds of linked banks and transfer agencies around the world. To send a wire transfer, you provide the bank or transfer agency sending it with the transfer amount and recipient’s name and bank account number. Wire transfers are a quick way to send money using efficient and secure banking systems.
- Is there a fee to send a wire transfer?
Yes, the sender pays for the wire transfer at the bank that is sending it. At KeyBank, the wire fee varies by account type and wire type, but ranges from $0 to $45. For details, refer to your account disclosures or call us at 1-800-KEY2YOU® (TDD/TTY: 1-800-539-8336).
- How soon does the recipient receive the transfer?
How soon the recipient receives the transfer depends on a number of factors, such as when the transfer is sent and whether it is international. Domestic transfers sent by 5:00 p.m. ET are sent the same day, while international transfers may take up to two days. When you initiate your wire transfer, we will confirm the likely arrival time with you.
- How do I cancel a wire transfer?
To cancel a wire transfer, call wire operations at 1-800-447-3817. For consumer international wire transfers, you have 30 minutes from the time you authorize payment for the wire to cancel it and not be charged. Once we've sent the funds, we can request a recall, but because wires are irrevocable, we cannot guarantee funds will be recalled. To help avoid this situation, make sure you have the correct information for your recipient.